Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
That would be snow getting into the fins of the radiator, melting then freezing and stopping air flow through. Done that so many times with my plow truck, had to put a piece of cardboard in front so snow wouldn't get in there...and had to put a section of signboard under the radiator area or snow got pushed up around the fan.

Sauc3r

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
7.4L 454
Unfortunately that was not the case, as much as I wish it would’ve been. It has a small leak, and it was low. Haven’t been able to track that pesky bugger down. This is not the first time I’ve had this happen, but usually it’s not in the negatives so it heats up. No biggie, still got me home. Filled it this morning and it’s fine again. Damn Fords! Although I really can’t complain about this one $800, 40k plus miles, and 5 years later still going.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
i prefer the sb fords compared to the vortec 4.3's and v8's. I had nothing but trouble out of the spider injection, intakes, and flat top distributors.
absolute ****** garbage!

Sauc3r

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
7.4L 454
Update on my Explorer, just for GP. Every thing went to hell today. My Explorer got a leak so badly I couldn’t make it 10 miles. Ended up figuring out that since I trying to push my friend out of a ditch, and breaking my fog light assembly. I realized that damn Cadillac had also managed to get my radiator. It poured out as fast as I could put it in.. :\ So I went to the dually, only to eventually figure out my alternator went out in that... So now I’m here waiting for my battery to charge, throw it in my obs Cheyenne and finally be able to go lol.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Well shoot, they don’t make that one anymore.

darn it, give me some time haha i can see you're committed now, i love it. true Chevy fan!

i don't know where i saw it, i thought someone on the forum did it to their buddy's new Ford, was gonna ask where he got the emblem or emblem sticker but couldn't find it... hmmmmm

Last edited:

Sauc3r

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
7.4L 454
Well it doesn’t have to be that specific one. I’d much rather have a black one lol. Of course I’m down for it that’s awesome lol.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I like most all cars / trucks made prior to 80'.
This is my pride and joy... 1969 Lincoln MkIII. I drove this car from Kansas City to Panama City just to take this picture. (I suppose I had family down there to see....but they were just an excuse)

She has been put away for the winter. And today is supposed to be nice so I figured I would get her out and tune her up. I used to think this Lincoln was breez to work on....but that was in comparison to my early 90s CB7 Honda Accords.

Now I own a squarebody. And have spent the last two months working on her almost daily....such a more pleasant experience. The guys who designed these trucks seem to have had the average joe in mind when they were putting them together. I actually look forward to working on my truck. A little Rush on the radio with some brew on ice and I could turn wrenches on her all day.

Lol now....the engineers at Ford/Lincoln that built this Rolls-Royce Thunderbird mashup....well they were ******** and likely high on meth. They must have been. Now that ive seen the light, this is likely the last "Powered by Ford" vehicle I'll ever own.

This 69 has....
Automatic climate control
Power locks / Windows / Seats.
Automatic dimming headlights
Cruise Control
Headlight doors...

ALL OF IT IS VACUUM...And its a damn zoo. Has vacuum ports EVERYWHERE!! And like, 4-5 seperate canisters.

the autolite carb they use.....TRASH CAN FOOD! I hear horror stories about rebuilding qjets....but no way the qjet is harder or more tedious to rebuild than this autolite.

And somehow, even with that hood that goes on for days....the engine bay is SUPER CRAMPED in comparison to my truck. Granted, the motor is bigger than my trucks (454vs460), but whats 6ci?

Ive got to work on her most every time I take her out, I would burn it on fire...

But she is just so damn beautiful.....kinda like a Succubus lol