Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I like most all cars / trucks made prior to 80'.
This is my pride and joy... 1969 Lincoln MkIII. I drove this car from Kansas City to Panama City just to take this picture. (I suppose I had family down there to see....but they were just an excuse)

She has been put away for the winter. And today is supposed to be nice so I figured I would get her out and tune her up. I used to think this Lincoln was breez to work on....but that was in comparison to my early 90s CB7 Honda Accords.

Now I own a squarebody. And have spent the last two months working on her almost daily....such a more pleasant experience. The guys who designed these trucks seem to have had the average joe in mind when they were putting them together. I actually look forward to working on my truck. A little Rush on the radio with some brew on ice and I could turn wrenches on her all day.

Lol now....the engineers at Ford/Lincoln that built this Rolls-Royce Thunderbird mashup....well they were ******** and likely high on meth. They must have been. Now that ive seen the light, this is likely the last "Powered by Ford" vehicle I'll ever own.

This 69 has....
Automatic climate control
Power locks / Windows / Seats.
Automatic dimming headlights
Cruise Control
Headlight doors...

ALL OF IT IS VACUUM...And its a damn zoo. Has vacuum ports EVERYWHERE!! And like, 4-5 seperate canisters.

the autolite carb they use.....TRASH CAN FOOD! I hear horror stories about rebuilding qjets....but no way the qjet is harder or more tedious to rebuild than this autolite.

And somehow, even with that hood that goes on for days....the engine bay is SUPER CRAMPED in comparison to my truck. Granted, the motor is bigger than my trucks (454vs460), but whats 6ci?

Ive got to work on her most every time I take her out, I would burn it on fire...

But she is just so damn beautiful.....kinda like a Succubus lol
Gorgeous!!!!:happy107:

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Dude them 6 cubes are some bigguns though, a 460 is freaking huuuuuge and heavy AF! 100% badass too..that's a great lookin Lincoln. It's fast , right?
Like major league fast? Sure looks expensive..what's her name?

I paid 2k w/ the mag wheels

Owner said it had a "blown engine". I drove it 4 hours from Omaha NE to Kansas City on 5 cylinders. Turned out it just had 3 bent pushrods....so hell yeah. Does not use oil. Leaks a tiny bit.

Lol the only fast thing about this car is the trip the gas needel takes to E. But, this IS one of the best years for the high compression 460...the claim is 365bhp at 4600 stock car. Has lots of room to build. But save for new pipes w/ shattered glass packs....and the mag wheels....she is BONE STOCK. So im a little torn. Might just leave it unmolested (F that carb tho, im swapping out a 1405 as I type).

Like, i still run the points even. Lol maybe one of 6 "millennials" in the world that knows how to set points.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I paid 2k w/ the mag wheels

Owner said it had a "blown engine". I drove it 4 hours from Omaha NE to Kansas City on 5 cylinders. Turned out it just had 3 bent pushrods....so hell yeah. Does not use oil. Leaks a tiny bit.

Lol the only fast thing about this car is the trip the gas needel takes to E. But, this IS one of the best years for the high compression 460...the claim is 365bhp at 4600 stock car. Has lots of room to build. But save for new pipes w/ shattered glass packs....and the mag wheels....she is BONE STOCK. So im a little torn. Might just leave it unmolested (F that carb tho, im swapping out a 1405 as I type).

Like, i still run the points even. Lol maybe one of 6 "millennials" in the world that knows how to set points.
Thats a ****** steal!!!!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

I like most all cars / trucks made prior to 80'.
This is my pride and joy... 1969 Lincoln MkIII. I drove this car from Kansas City to Panama City just to take this picture. (I suppose I had family down there to see....but they were just an excuse)

She has been put away for the winter. And today is supposed to be nice so I figured I would get her out and tune her up. I used to think this Lincoln was breez to work on....but that was in comparison to my early 90s CB7 Honda Accords.

Now I own a squarebody. And have spent the last two months working on her almost daily....such a more pleasant experience. The guys who designed these trucks seem to have had the average joe in mind when they were putting them together. I actually look forward to working on my truck. A little Rush on the radio with some brew on ice and I could turn wrenches on her all day.

Lol now....the engineers at Ford/Lincoln that built this Rolls-Royce Thunderbird mashup....well they were ******** and likely high on meth. They must have been. Now that ive seen the light, this is likely the last "Powered by Ford" vehicle I'll ever own.

This 69 has....
Automatic climate control
Power locks / Windows / Seats.
Automatic dimming headlights
Cruise Control
Headlight doors...

ALL OF IT IS VACUUM...And its a damn zoo. Has vacuum ports EVERYWHERE!! And like, 4-5 seperate canisters.

the autolite carb they use.....TRASH CAN FOOD! I hear horror stories about rebuilding qjets....but no way the qjet is harder or more tedious to rebuild than this autolite.

And somehow, even with that hood that goes on for days....the engine bay is SUPER CRAMPED in comparison to my truck. Granted, the motor is bigger than my trucks (454vs460), but whats 6ci?

Ive got to work on her most every time I take her out, I would burn it on fire...

But she is just so damn beautiful.....kinda like a Succubus lol

That's a fine looking Ford right there

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Yep, but STILL a Ford!!!!:smoke2: Can't fix that!!!

Well...a boy can dream. Lol I'm sure shiny **** will rule the day in the end.....and I'll start swapping out blue parts for...well, less blue parts....

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Did you ever get that econoline form your father-in-law?

Not yet, that will take place once he has passed on. I know he still tinkers with it and dreams his dreams of fixing it so it needs to remain in his care for now! He's 91 now but you never know, he might outlive me!:smoke2:

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
@Paladin. This should more than make up for the one (1) Ford in the drive.

This one used to be my Granddads....he bought it new off the show room floor in 55' for less than 3k. The guy who custom ordered it refused to take delivery due to the stitching in the seats being off.

My dad got it when he graduated in 1980. It got parked in 1999 and only moved a couple times between then and 2016. That's when my dad, on a whim, spent a week tuning it up and drove it to Panama City so my Granddad could ride in it again before passing. But...the rear end nuked itself 2 days after he got back.

Well, I just got to drive it for the first time a couple weeks ago. After rebuilding the Muncie 3 speed and swapping the 4.11 to a 3.73.

Lol just got the old Dixie horn working as well.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Hey....just found some more Ford **** to trash talk.

Found this forum called 460Ford.com

Figured it would be a good place to get some knowledge on the Lincoln. Created an account 3 days ago.... Said "waiting for an administrator to verify" and that I "could not post or comment untill an admin accepted my request".

Last night I sent an e-mail. It was polite. Just stating that I was not a Robot or spammer and I told them a bit about my ride and problem.

THIS MORNING THEY BANNED ME FROM THE WHOLE DAMN WEBSITE! Claimed spam.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
Engine Size

Figured it would be a good place to get some knowledge on the Lincoln. Created an account 3 days ago.... Said "waiting for an administrator to verify" and that I "could not post or comment untill an admin accepted my request".

Last night I sent an e-mail. It was polite. Just stating that I was not a Robot or spammer and I told them a bit about my ride and problem.

You really didn't want to mingle over there anyhow did you...

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size

Must be the same admins that run another square body site.
They banned me straight off after I filled out the information.

Cool '55 for sure.
My 18 year old son has a '55 in the driveway.
He also knows how to clean and adjust points.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Must be the same admins that run another square body site.
They banned me straight off after I filled out the information.

Cool '55 for sure.
My 18 year old son has a '55 in the driveway.
He also knows how to clean and adjust points.

Thats awesome....way to go dad. Lol my mother works as a sign language interpreter in a school. Occasionally I'll take her much or whatever..... And looking at those zombie kids just makes me sad.

Soon, you'll be hard pressed to find a kid that knows how to change a tire. Let alone even be able to tell you what points are. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8