Ford infotainment into 79 c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A friend of mine just installed this Boss system from Crutchfield in his 99 Chevy truck. I don't know how you'd mount it in your 79, though. It's DIN sized, so you'd have to cut a hole somewhere. It's even got a backup camera. Would be cool if they made one for two-shaft radio cutouts with a cable to mount the display somewhere else on the dash.

You must be registered for see images attach

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
A friend of mine just installed this Boss system from Crutchfield in his 99 Chevy truck. I don't know how you'd mount it in your 79, though. It's DIN sized, so you'd have to cut a hole somewhere. It's even got a backup camera. Would be cool if they made one for two-shaft radio cutouts with a cable to mount the display somewhere else on the dash.

Me and the freind have had a hard time even getting the os set up and we couldnt do cirtain things. so we decided we would just get a alrety built one. I found a pioneer one i Iike.

Our thinking would be to modyfy the pioneer ui to my liking if we felt like dealing with it.

This is the plan for the screen

Attachments

• 20240403_164737.jpg
    20240403_164737.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 17

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I installed this DIN sized radio in my 82. Don't see why that Boss radio with the large display that I mentioned above wouldn't work here.

randomTruckKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I installed this DIN sized radio in my 82. Don't see why that Boss radio with the large display that I mentioned above wouldn't work here.

i have exactly something like that currently.
"Whats your excuse?"
i dont get ether joke :<

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I have this sitting in the box waiting to get around to installing. My dash is already cut for single din. The screen pops out, it has Android Auto Apple Carplay, 2 camera inputs, etc.

Scribbles

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
This sounds really odd. But I want to put a ford +/- 2018 I infotainment/computer/screen into my 79 c10.
How hard would this be. I'm pretty good with computers. But I am not familiar at all with infotainment systems.
I really like the ones I'm ford's. Ac controls obviously wouldn't work but I would want all radio functions including xm, GPS, calling.
I figured I would ask about doing that so maybe I wouldn't have to go program my own. I know there is alternatives dornt really like em.
As a professional audio installer for over 25yrs I would highly discourage this. Do some more research and find an aftermarket unit you like there are SO many choices. My 70 C10 is getting a full custom dash with the new Alpine Halo 9 but you do not need that high end to still have every feature you want. I would recommend Kenwood or JVC as we have carried both brands for many years and they work great and are not confusing to use either.
Feel free to hit me up with any questions.
My 90 Suburban has a basic single din radio we are all used to and it has all the features you need without messing up the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS