79 C10 vacuum issues?!? (Maybe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klein79c10

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I have a ‘79 C10 with a 350. I just swapped a bad water pump and I am trying to delete as many useless vacuum lines as I can. I also just swapped the modulator on the transmission because the bracket broke and it ejected itself when I started the truck. Got the new one installed and took it for a ride. Got on it to see if it would kickdown and it did not. After I did that it rode really rough like it was going to quit. Braked got super hard. Got it home and put it in park and the RPMs were really high. Shut it off and it didn’t want to start but when it did start everything was back to normal. Can recreate the problem every time I try to get on it a little hard.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
You have a vacuum leak sounds like a pretty big one. Go over everything thing you did see if you can find where something got left open. Put all the needless stuff back on and see if the problem goes away maybe you needed some of it. Vacuum modulator doesn't make the transmission shift down,it makes it shift up. So if you are having down shift problems I'd be looking at my down shift cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS