fleetside bed floor braces/supports any ideas on where to find? or build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
As some others of you probably have, like me, rotted bed floor cross sills or braces/supports under the fleetside steel floor.

Well they make them replacements for stepsides.

I know they also have them for older trucks not sure if the 67-72's are for steel fleetside beds or not. If so those may work.

I've had guys say street sign posts, and local fab shops.

Well sign posts, are not at tall all I've seen are only like 1 to 1-1/2 and fleetsides are 3 inch tall braces.

There's no local fab shop around me to get em made.

There's no junkyards around here with any older stuff. I know of one but they wanted 350 for a rear end. My guess is they'd want 500 for a bed floor, and speaking of I know those are made now but out of our budget really.

I know I could probably hit up some guy son here for bed braces but shipping is a killer on something that long. I know I may end up resulting in doing that very thing.

ANyone found anything to work? other years? made your own? I know with a break and some sheet metal might not be too bad. I don't have a break, my uncle does but I'm not sure if it'd be strong enough, he uses it to make roof flashing/drip edgem fascia etc. on houses, thin metal stuff.

I also would not know where to buy a roll of sheet metal thick enough to to this or maybe a whole flat sheet but that I'd guess would be alot as well.

I'm honestly thinking of trying a wood bed floor, removing all the steel floor and using some angle steel strapping to attach it all around.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
If ya haven't thought about this....Most big HVAC contractors have a fab shop for ductwork that could bend something up for ya.

Termite_Delight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
1976 1975
Truck Model
K2500 K2500
Engine Size
350 L33
I used 2X3X.125 tubing on the C30 dually, just spot weld them in place. They are a little heavy but i won't have to worry about them.
The hardest part is removing the old rusted bits.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I used 2X3X.125 tubing on the C30 dually, just spot weld them in place. They are a little heavy but i won't have to worry about them.
The hardest part is removing the old rusted bits.

I had considered ordering some from summit and doing the very same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevew7704