Fixing to drop some cash and my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wamullins

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Looking at lowering my 82 c-10. Going with 2.5" drop spindles and 1" drop springs in front and a flip kit in back. Can I use this with 15x8 truck rallies with 235/75-15 tires" Why do some flip kits say 5" and some say 6"? Thanks for any info.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Looking at lowering my 82 c-10. Going with 2.5" drop spindles and 1" drop springs in front and a flip kit in back. Can I use this with 15x8 truck rallies with 235/75-15 tires" Why do some flip kits say 5" and some say 6"? Thanks for any info.

I'm in the same boat but I'm doing 2" spring instead. Should be okay with the 8s up front but most use 7 bc of the backspacing. Might have to trim a bit on either the lca or the tie rods from what I've researched. The 5 or 6 might be dependent on which types of leafs you have in the rear. Post up your progress.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
2.5 " drop spindles will cause the inner lip of 15x8 rallys to rub and shear off the wheel weights. You can trim a little off of the lower control arm, but if you do, be sure to also weld a reinforcement gusset for safety. The p.o. of my square did this mod (shaved off the lower control arm for 15" wheels)..... so I ended up going with 20" wheels all around.

As the flip kits go...its typically a 6" drop depending on your rear leaf pack. Most people ditch the overload to soften the ride. If you do a flip kit...consider a mini notch as well. Your rear axle and your back will appreciate it. Without a mini notch you will have clearance issues and your rear diff will end up slapping the underside of the bed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man