Fender emblem removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
gotcha, now to see if I can squeeze a wrench in there...thanks...
For your 87, the emblems are lower and plastic. The studs can be broken off easily. I doubt you will be able to get you hand down there to unloosen the nuts. Like the earlier squares.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Most of the emblems are reproduced but some aren't. Before you risk breaking them, you should see if they rare. I know it's taken me a year of watching eBay to get one halfway decent "Bonanza 10" I'd hate to see a good one of those broken in the process.

NCBurb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
6.2L
For your 87, the emblems are lower and plastic. The studs can be broken off easily. I doubt you will be able to get you hand down there to unloosen the nuts. Like the earlier squares.
Yeah one is broken already, that's one reason i was going to take it off, but the more "in one piece" I can remove it the better. But good to know, I will be extra careful.
thanks,

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Even the older ones it's hard to impossible. I don't have huge hands but I don't have super thin or small hands either. There was no way I could get my hand in their to take them off with a wrench or socket. Maybe your 9 year old might be able too??

But even the more common emblems I believe are $20-40 per side. So if you can salvage some I would say to do it. You can slip a hacksaw blade back there as stated, it's just pot metal it will cut easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey