Fender Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Here’s two of my parts trucks. Both blazers, both loaded Silverado’s. First is an 88 and second is 89. Same fender mount. I also have an 85 custom delux blazer with windshield antenna. Go figure.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Here’s two of my parts trucks. Both blazers, both loaded Silverado’s. First is an 88 and second is 89. Same fender mount. I also have an 85 custom delux blazer with windshield antenna. Go figure.

That was the standard antenna for '88-'91. It's actually the very same antenna used on '82-'90 Celebrities.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
My "87" left the factory with a "power antenna" option as per build sheet ( since been replaced with manual )
i was gonna ask how it would have worked but wtf
he got banned lol, who was he i dont remember him

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i was gonna ask how it would have worked but wtf
he got banned lol, who was he i dont remember him

He was a self-proclaimed squarebody truck expert and also a conspiracy theorist.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
He was a self-proclaimed squarebody truck expert and also a conspiracy theorist.
Which one? Two members show BANNED in this thread

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Well since we are going down that path I'm curious, I'm not trying to start problems, but genuinely curious. @bucket More recent bannings around the politics stuff those members don't show as banned, for example user: 1979 C20, it's pretty widely known he was banned and his profile is gone, but he still shows as full access when you see one of his posts. I'm just curious about that is all.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Well since we are going down that path I'm curious, I'm not trying to start problems, but genuinely curious. @bucket More recent bannings around the politics stuff those members don't show as banned, for example user: 1979 C20, it's pretty widely known he was banned and his profile is gone, but he still shows as full access when you see one of his posts. I'm just curious about that is all.
:killer:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

The fella that claimed to have a factory installed power antenna.

I'm not sure honestly. My guess is that it's due to the forum update a while back.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
Engine Size
10-4 Rubber Ducky

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
The fella that claimed to have a factory installed power antenna.

I'm not sure honestly. My guess is that it's due to the forum update a while back.
My only "inside" experience moderating a forum was a theater forum, now long gone, way back in the old days so I sometimes get curious about how things work on the inside today as forums have changed a good bit in the last 20 years.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I bet you he forgot he installed the terrestial pickup antenna for getting signals from above but nearby. to prevent the feds from catchhing on he had installed a delco power antenna that shot and put it in the fender so it would look innocuous when in use. and he figured they would broadcast on fm so he just made it work with his radio

Then when he was sobering up those details got lost so thats how he ended up with a factory power antenna.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I just quickly sifted through., zoomalot was the guy but he posted twice, and hes bigger than life(one might say hes been replaced so there are TWO of him) and that was the only guy banned tho.
Then there is a victim of culture, rusty
And a junior member (hopefully he didnt die of dysentery or typhoid on his journey)
And then full access members, and then supporters. And of course whispers a mod

all of us here right now, even those just reading and not posting. we are all one thing.

Nerds, I feel like nerds are the kind of people who think about this stuff and even put their collective experiences together to get an idea what was available and what people did.

Historians, that sounds nicer. We are all historians.

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My '81 Custom Deluxe had both antennas, one in the glass and one mounted on the fender/cowl. When I bought it, it had an aftermarket AM/FM cassettes player but in rural AK I couldn't get any stations and my 3 year old daughter stuffed the cassette player full of .44 Rem mag rounds and couldn't get them back out. I had her wait in the cab one day when I was babysitting while I was working under the hood. She blew the horn a few times to keep me alert, I finally unplugged it. She was a busy little kid.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I just quickly sifted through., zoomalot was the guy but he posted twice, and hes bigger than life(one might say hes been replaced so there are TWO of him) and that was the only guy banned tho.
Then there is a victim of culture, rusty
And a junior member (hopefully he didnt die of dysentery or typhoid on his journey)
And then full access members, and then supporters. And of course whispers a mod

all of us here right now, even those just reading and not posting. we are all one thing.

Nerds, I feel like nerds are the kind of people who think about this stuff and even put their collective experiences together to get an idea what was available and what people did.

Historians, that sounds nicer. We are all historians.
Historians. That actually kind of makes sense to me, especially given that I don't want to update any of the technology in my truck because I like the old mechanical stuff. I also have a very avid interest in history, oddly enough mostly in old hotels and motels. And have helped research info and dates on buildings for a town not to far from me. I'd actually still be doing that but just don't have the time to do everything I'd like too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood