Extended Emergency/Parking Brake Cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMERICANBADASS

Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Does anyone know where to buy extended e-brake cables? I’m looking for the two pieces that connect to the rear backing plates. I installed a 6” Rough County lift, on my 1980 K20 and this was an oversight! It has a Corporate 14 bolt full floating axel and the drums do not slide off. It’s a 4spd manual, or I would leave them temporarily disconnected. I’ve searched for quite a while and found a couple places to call, but neither place builds them anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
If you're not looking for the cable and just drop down brackets, when a did a 6" lift on my '77 K5 in the 90's, I just used "L" channel to drop the cables near the rear spring hangers. We had a discussion about this on another thread, but I can't remember which one.

AMERICANBADASS

Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Are those longer than the factory ones?

I was looking to fab something, but anywhere I put them it seems to be short. If I had to guess, they’re about 10” short.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Have you tried Lokar and/ or TSMmfg? Seems to me you could add extensions. I've seen places sell cables in 6" increments before locally.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Here's a picture of my '85. It's not a huge help as the cable set up is different, but here's where I installed the drop down bracket for my K5. I used the hole the cable originally went through to bolt on the fabbed bracket. I then drilled a new hole 3-4" down the "L" channel to feed the cable back through to secure it.

I previously had a '79 K15 that I did a 3/4 ton axle swap on. The E brake cable had been torched. I was able to get those cables through Napa, but they are plastic coated, not the braided style. Here's the cable specs for your truck from Napa. See if your measurements match up. I don't know if Inline tube makes custom E brake cables.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/UBQ92882?partTypeName=Parking+Brake+Cable&keywordInput=brake+cable

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk