Expanded cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So I'm redoing my cab corners,floor,rocker panels and floor supports this summer. I've been trying to mock my rocker panel into place but its wont fit due to its shortness. I also forgot to brace my cab when I cut them out so I'm thinking that the cab expanded when I cut my rocker out. Any ideas on what else it might be or how I can pull the cab back together. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 93

farmerchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
when i ran into this issue,i welded a nut on the cab corner and the forward post,then thread a bolt into them as i was going to replace the sections later,then i used a com-a-long to pull them until the rocker would fit using gentle pulls until it fit.then tack it in position holding it in the place.then you can grind the nuts off then smooth the metal with a flap wheel.personally i replace the cab corner afterward ,so all i had to smooth down was on the front post.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I used a rachet strap to pull it together but them said screw it and bought a totally original rust free military cab

Gunther

Reaction score
First Name
Rt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
where did you find your military cab?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
craigslist but you have to remember Im from NY not as easy finding a rust free cab as you think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko