84 cab body parts install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Hi all.
New poster.

Have 1984 k20 that I am working on.
I bought a very similar one brand new as a young Lance corporal in the Marine Corps and am trying to regain some of my youth.
It has a crate 350, sm465, a/c!, no windows or door locks.

It’s pretty much just this side of a frame off situation and I need some help piecing together the cab braces, kick panels, body bushing (under floor pan) and floor pan.
Have all new parts from LMC.
The floors on both sides are rotten and cut out. No reference to judge by. I cut the rest out (both braces, bushing etc)
This stuff is just not adding up.

Number 1 is I can’t figure out if the floor pan is supposed to be level with the frame.
As of right now it is above it, in my mocked up scenario. Any help on that would be great!

Also, in what order do the, inner and outer rocker panels, the kick panel, the floor panel, and both cab braces/supports and the bushing go in?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I am working on this with my 81 year old father who incidentally sold me that first ‘84 as he was a salesman at our local Chevrolet dealership. If I recall correctly, I paid $12,500 for it. Miss the old days.

I have to learn how to post pictures, but I will. This is very important to me to get this done for my Dad. Not many years left.

Pictures will be posted by Thursday 9/1/22 ( I hope) with the wife’s help of course. I know they help and I’m quite eager to share my exploits and try to help anyone that I can assist as well.

Steve

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Welcome from the PNW! Thank you for your service and for saving another square.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Welcome! I'm of no help on your body panel questions, but pictures are worth a thousand words. Everyone here likes pictures!

It's really as easy as copying and pasting the pictures. Hopefully you'll come back with pictures that will drum up some excitement to help you with your project. It's kind of hard to imagine where you're at based on your description alone.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I know this is an old thread but this might help someone else trying to post pics. I couldn't post pics to save my life. Somehow just jacking around figured my phone would only post pics to this site if I opened it in chrome then posted pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK