exhaust...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chadwick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chadwick
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2 ton
Engine Size
Im in need of running shorty style headers here shortly when I bag the 76 next week. What kind of shorties can I run? Summit racing doesn't sell anything direct fit when I look up 76 c10 etc...... Is there another vehicle that runs the same dimensions as the 73-87 2wd c10?

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Sanderson Headers makes a set of shorties that are a direct fit to our trucks. These aren't cheap but mine fit my Blazer like a glove - ZERO mods to install.

Chadwick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chadwick
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2 ton
Engine Size
Sanderson Headers makes a set of shorties that are a direct fit to our trucks. These aren't cheap but mine fit my Blazer like a glove - ZERO mods to install.

So you like them? What finish do you have?

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I don't know what motor you are running but my experience has been with headers for a 454 in a '91 Blazer (specifically part # BB8). That said....

I love my headers! I've watched a few build threads on other boards where guys bought Hedman, L&L, etc and they always have to mod or trim something to make them fit. My Sanderson's fit perfect and are easy to work around (spark plugs, collector location, etc).

The finish was a poor choice on my part... Being that they were fairly expensive to begin with I opt'd to buy bare headers in an attempt to save a few bucks. After seeing how nice they were when I got them I sent them to Jet Hot to have them coated. Well, I've already had to warranty the coating once for surface rust - these were 2 yrs old and my truck is not driveable yet. :wtf: If I had it to do over, I would buy them precoated from Sanderson.

Arrow1100

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350CID
tubes

they are not shorties but fit ( boom boom )
I just put them on my 86 350 MY SELF !
Driver side fell through the top; passenger side through the bottom with out a jack
should work on your 76 ?
full system summit racing part# ( SUM-CBJJ102 )
the truck has air but that is just the air con. mounts to deal with ?

The headers are Flowtech

Chadwick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chadwick
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2 ton
Engine Size
they are not shorties but fit ( boom boom )
I just put them on my 86 350 MY SELF !
Driver side fell through the top; passenger side through the bottom with out a jack
should work on your 76 ?
full system summit racing part# ( SUM-CBJJ102 )
the truck has air but that is just the air con. mounts to deal with ?

The headers are Flowtech

Good thought but im bagging my truck next week, so the long tube headers will prohibit me from laying out. Along with the gas tank but that will be fixed shortly in the next couple weeks/month. Thanks though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krogers98gmc