excessive heat coming from firewall: help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
dang man....this was awesome info !!!! and great pics too thanks !!! That damn vaccum line just popped right off when I touched it by accident....that's why one picture shows it connected and the other doesn't. that's why im trying to figure out how to put the vaccum line BACK on to the actuator with out splitting the case.. I literally just got this thing working and then BAM. I knocked that vacuum line apart. :(. I would hate to have to undo everything I have completed to get that line where it suppoed to go ya know?

IDK - maybe try popping the grommet out of the case and (if the nipple is accessible below the hole) attempt to attach a piece of vacuum hose to it using a small pair of needle nose pliers. Use a piece of hose that is longer than required. Pass the other end through the grommet, and pop it back in. Then splice the pigtail hose to the broken supply hose.

BTW - You can disregard my suggestion about changing to a 86+ actuator. Looking more closely at the images, I can see that the nuts that secure the actuator to the case are on the inside of the wall. So, to change actuators would require splitting the case open anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS