Engine Question about Upcoming Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spilfner

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
UPDATE: 90% sure I'm going with the 350. I had a chance to look the engine over a couple days ago and it looks to be in great shape. I'm almost certain it has way fewer miles on it than the 305 did. Found a local engine machine shop, they quoted me $90 to clean the block, put in new plugs and cam bearings. That seems like a fair price...let me know if that's too expensive. Of course the price goes up if they have to bore the cylinders at all (which I'm hoping they don't). And I think he quoted me $160ish to clean up the heads. I'm just gonna talk to him some more about it in person, he seemed to know what he was talking about. I'm still on the fence about new heads or using the stock ones, I'll just have to see how these stock ones look...and see how much it would cost to get them to 100%. Thanks to everyone so far for the advice!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag