Electric to manual windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hizen

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Has anyone converted to manual windows from electric? My truck has electric windows in it currently and the truck was a rats nest of wiring, I applied power to the window circuit, the motors would click and then do nothing. Applied power directly to the motor it self and same thing one click then nothing.

Wondering if its cheaper to fix the windows or just scrap all the electric parts and go manual.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I did. All you need is manual window regulators.

And new door panels if you want it to look right of course.

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I would highly suggest getting a chilton or Haynes book to show you the order that things need to come apart, I just changed mine from electric to manual, took about 2 hours on the first door and 30 minutes on the second lol. Helps knowing the sequence things need to come apart. You could Probobly find the instructions online somewhere. But it is pretty easy. I used my electric door panels and the regulator shaft went through the switch hole. I left the power lock switch in to cover the second hole

hizen

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
I did. All you need is manual window regulators.

And new door panels if you want it to look right of course.

Nice, will have to do some scrapyard digging to find some.

I would highly suggest getting a chilton or Haynes book to show you the order that things need to come apart, I just changed mine from electric to manual, took about 2 hours on the first door and 30 minutes on the second lol. Helps knowing the sequence things need to come apart. You could Probobly find the instructions online somewhere. But it is pretty easy. I used my electric door panels and the regulator shaft went through the switch hole. I left the power lock switch in to cover the second hole

I do need to pick up a book one of these days. lol Will have to see how it all lines up in mine when I get that far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB