Electric fuel pump before mechanical pump problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camknouff

Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have a Wisconsin motor that has an electric fuel pump before an mechanical fuel pump. Bought it this way and now having problems, bogging, dieing, not re-starting, crank case filling up with fuel-twice. If it's not one it seems to be the other. I have cleaned (boiled in lemon juice) the zenith carb, carb kit (78$ not much in it) replaced needle valve and seat. Put fuel pressure gauge on it. Seemed to be about 3+ psi, then dropped down so not reading at all but motor would still run. Then up to the -3 psi again. It's on a snorkelift that I am using to build, side my retirement home. Have been stranded twice, once close to ground, the other was able to get on to the deck, not looking to getting caught up higher. Getting too old for that, was going to take the rope and gloves with me, but would prefer a better solution.
Do electric fuel pumps lose power, fluctuate or just die completely, could it be wearing out? Do I just replace it and hope that was the problem? Thanks Cam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy