Electric fuel pump question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codypicz24

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20 1985
Engine Size
Hey so whenever I almost get home my electric fuel pump gets insanely loud making a thumping sound, and the fuel filter gets low is there any cause for this I will provide pictures and sometimes it will die because lack of fuel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 45

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Only when getting close to home?
What kind of electronic pump? Intank ,inline pusher,inline puller, inline diaphragm"click clack"?

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
First thing I would check, is to see if there is a negative pressure building in the fuel tank.
Open the filler cap to the tank when it happens and listen for a hissing sound. Could be a restricted tank vent.
Next, I would be questioning the fuel pump itself or a plugged suction screen in the tank.

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
There might be an issue with the pick up line or the unit going down into the tank itself. Removed the pickup line and source it into an external bucket of fuel to bypass the tank and see if the problem persists..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe