Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 - replacing my TBI any thoughts anyone done this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
350 / 290
I had a pro-flo system on my sbc in a 32 Ford 3 window coupe . It was the first series and they had a few problems . New new #4 system has been upgraded and is much better . If you compare the price with a throttle body system , you get much more for your money with the pro-flo 4 system .

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had a pro-flo system on my sbc in a 32 Ford 3 window coupe . It was the first series and they had a few problems . New new #4 system has been upgraded and is much better . If you compare the price with a throttle body system , you get much more for your money with the pro-flo 4 system .

:cheers:

Jwernatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7ltr
Pull the trigger, it's worth it. Sniper sucks balls, they should be illegal. I threw mine in the trash. Pro-flo is awesome. Avoid the temptation to half ass the fuel system. Use a rail mounted pump or better yet an in tank pump since yours should already be baffled. I speak from experience, just my opinion.

I pulled the trigger on the PRO FLO - it's sitting in the garage.

BUT, just came across this Holly - This morning a friend called, he ordered by accident -He sat on it since June and can't return it.

I just paid him $250.00 for it. - never been opened. - NOT what?? Jeeze....I could thow that on in a matter of an hour. Dang it!!

Holley Replacement 670 cfm TBI 1987-89 GM 5.7L V8 truck
Part Number: 510-502-6

Jwernatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7ltr
There’s a few people who’ve done it. I’m in the middle of it right now and I’ve also installed a sniper EFI system. What are you looking to find out?

how's this install going? - I just came across a HOLLY replacement TBI - I could swap that in and go.. (I paid $250 for it. brand new in box)

I go the proflo4 in tuesday. Haven't toouched it, but man there is a lot to deputing this in.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
how's this install going? - I just came across a HOLLY replacement TBI - I could swap that in and go.. (I paid $250 for it. brand new in box)

I go the proflo4 in tuesday. Haven't toouched it, but man there is a lot to deputing this in.
It’s going fine. I’m doing it at the same time as an nv4500 swap. Both are close to being finished. The pro flo swap is fairly simple. Just lay it all out on the floor and map it out in your head. The most time consuming part is the manifold swap. In your case, you’ll need to drop your tank and install a high pressure fuel pump onto your tbi sender.

Jwernatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7ltr
Hey Franken - thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to go with that HOLLY TBI unit. - Reason being, I'm restoring the truck. But I'd like to drive it while doing so - I go that drop in TBI so cheap. Im keeping the PROFLO - (I'll install it by next summer) - I would appreciate if you'd let me know any issues you come across.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey Franken - thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to go with that HOLLY TBI unit. - Reason being, I'm restoring the truck. But I'd like to drive it while doing so - I go that drop in TBI so cheap. Im keeping the PROFLO - (I'll install it by next summer) - I would appreciate if you'd let me know any issues you come across.

I've been down this path. Ended up doing twice the work and by the time the pro-flo was installed the warranty had expired. Just sayin

Jwernatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7ltr
I've been down this path. Ended up doing twice the work and by the time the pro-flo was installed the warranty had expired. Just sayin
hmmmm..... ok - you're right. Let me get the rubber in the doors, windows working right, this damn heater core back in, dash pad and vents and blah blah blah installed- and I'll install pro-flow 4 instead of TBI -

anybody want that HOLLY TBI?
You must be registered for see images attach

chiefburns

Reaction score
First Name
Malcolm
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
6cyl
I put the Pro flow 4 on my 72 Camaro and I love it. Driveability of it compared to the old carb system is amazing. I bought it when Edelbrock offered the free fuel sump, which saved me from having to run new fuel and return lines, new pump, etc. I am not a mechanic by any means but I was able to install it by myself and got it up and running fairly easily, relatively speaking. I am thinking about selling the Camaro and if I do, I'll pull it all off and keep it for my GMC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli