Dynamic EFI - Anyone using it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Looking at getting the Dynamic EFI ECM for my 87' with TBI so I can upgrade to vortec heads and a little bigger cam. Anyone using the Dynamic EFI system? The website is packed with info but honestly I was lost in reading it, left me more confused.

Anyone using this system and have any comments on how easy it is to use? Does it have any kind of self-tuning software?

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I am NOT using it, but I did run across it in my EFI research recently. This is what I got from it...

Basically you are doing away with the need to burn chips for the earlier computer controlled systems, think ODB1. This brings you up to a flash type re-writable computer, think the newer OBD2 systems.

Looks to be about the same complexity of all the other after market systems. You get everything hooked up and working, drive the vehicle to data-log what is happening, analyze the information, make the changes you want, and repeat the process until you are happy with it. So to answer your last question... no to the self-learning/tuning feature that all these latest aftermarket systems are using to sell their products.

HTH

brandon6469

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C15
Engine Size
I am running it on my TBI 350 with stock heads, 12-256-8 cam, and headers.

It does have a VE learn mode which helps auto-tune your Volumetric Efficiency tables. You must have a wideband O2 sensor and controller to tune the WOT. It's not quite auto tuning though. You still have to adjust spark advance and do some fine tuning, but it'll get your truck running pretty smoothly.

I'm no expert, but I've been able to find my way around and my truck is running pretty good. I want to add a wideband at this point. I'm going to be installing Vortec heads soon and the software included Vortec bins so you can copy spark tables to help get started. There's also some additional information he sends to help get you started. Bob is really helpful and has answered questions in had along the way.

One last tip, read the writeups about tuning on his site, then re-read them, then re-re-reread them. I feel like things make more sense as I gain experience with tuning. I wish there was someone in the Charlotte NC-area I could meet up with and learn from as I still have a lot to learn!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looking at getting the Dynamic EFI ECM for my 87' with TBI so I can upgrade to vortec heads and a little bigger cam. Anyone using the Dynamic EFI system? The website is packed with info but honestly I was lost in reading it, left me more confused.

Anyone using this system and have any comments on how easy it is to use? Does it have any kind of self-tuning software?

I thought I would revisit this thread again. I have been on thirdgen.org a lot lately, and everyone on there that is using simply raves about it! It sounds like the best way to get away from burning chips. It also has a ton of other features for data-logging and tuning. Honestly, it has become my first option for if I ever get around to going EFI on my truck. I had been thinking of doing a conversion to a 0411 ecm, but there are a lot of hoops to jump through. With the Dynamic EFI EBL P4 set-up, I can swap in a complete TPI ecm and harness, and add the EBL set-up, and have all the tuning capabilities as a 0411 ecm. And at a cheaper price in the long run too, I believe.

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies on this. Brandon, since you are using this, did you know much/anything about tuning before you got the ECM? I was planning on using the method of having the Dynamic EFI folks install the new board rather than solder it in myself. Did you do it yourself?

brandon6469

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C15
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies on this. Brandon, since you are using this, did you know much/anything about tuning before you got the ECM? I was planning on using the method of having the Dynamic EFI folks install the new board rather than solder it in myself. Did you do it yourself?

Mattchu60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hey Brandon, your last reply was just blank

brandon6469

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C15
Engine Size
I bought the ecm with the boaelrd installed. I can solder a bit, but I wanted to make sure it was right.

Still haven't started my Vortec head swap, but play to start putting the valves in the heads in 2 weeks. Hope to be 're-tuning' for Vortecs in March.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capickering