Door Seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm indifferent but curious.....why are there extra door seals (on the door itself) on the earlier square than later? Ordering all new rubber on mine and found it odd there was only 1 seal - on the body - for the door.

Thx.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It was GM's answer to complaints about wind noise coming thru the door gaps. Some leaked enough for some people to complain and others not so much. The extra door mounted seals fit all the squares if a guy wants to add them. It's probably the poor quality control of the body panels of that era. I've taken a door off an 85 C30 and put it on my 85 K20 and the gaps were horrible no matter how much adjusting I did.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Kinda wondered about that. There are cars that way too.....added an extra seal for wind noise that some people wanted.

I just figure 1.its a truck, and 2.its got the aerodynamics of a wall. Its gonna be noisy.Those vent windows alone will whistle.

But yeah.....I get the terrible fit panel thing too.

Thx. :hat:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk