Door Hinge Repl and missing thread for one of the bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Evans

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C15 Royal Sierra
Engine Size
350 V8
I bought replacement door hinges. While removing the RH/Passenger Side door hinge, one of the bolts was difficult getting to come out. After I got it out, I realized that there must have been a welded nut on the back side inside of the body panel, and it must have fell. Any ideas for getting the bolt to grab threads, or should I try to fish out the original nut that fell into the abyss? There is a 2 inch hole above where the hinge mounts, but its not easily accessible without removing the front fender. I've found on 67-72 Forum where someone drilled a hole in the body panel and put a nut on the backside of the bolt hole.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
You pic doesn't show.
I'd drill the hole and be done with it, as long as it doesn't show in the end....You could also get a plastic plug to fit the hole.

Chris Evans

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C15 Royal Sierra
Engine Size
350 V8
Thanks. I removed the pasted pic and added the attachment. I think you're right. I may make the hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify