Dodge 440 in K10 Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gardendelite

Reaction score
First Name
Gaetan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have the opportunity to put a Dodge440 into my 75 K10 pickup. I found a bell housing to hookup the TH350 but haven't located motor/engine mounts to make it work. Any ideas where I might find said items?

Backyard

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Not so sure you are going to find an aftermarket on somthing like that. usualy its GM motors to nearly anything not the other way around. you would likely have to fab up your own mounts and do somthing with the trans crossmember and get a driveline shop to make up a driveshaft with the proper u joints. Than you would have the other small stuff to deal with like manifold or headder clearances. you will also have to deal with the sensors for the gauge cluster.

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Sell the 440 and put a chevy motor in that chevy. It will be "cheaper". As Backyard said, it is all of the other stuff that will not work out, even if you get it bolted in there some how. Bad idea.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
The driveshafts should be NBD same with sensors, the exhaust is going to be your biggest issue followed by brackets and accessories and possibly the oil pan . IF you decide to do this you will most likely have to make your own motor mounts,make mounts using the transmission as your locator. Meaning transmission doesn't move,your engine position will be dictated by where the transmission is. This allows stock driveshafts,cable, linkages etc. . Adapting senders should be as simple as screwing in your original senders to the Chrysler block possible needing some plumbing fittings and shortening,lengthening the wires. Accessories you will probably be able to use the 440 accessories a gm 2 wire alternator, and make your own hoses. Or make all your own brackets and reuse your chevrolet accessories. If the oil pan doesn't clear or no other 440 dodge pan looks like it will work,you will be modifying the 440 pan and pickup,or grafting 1/2 a chevy pan to 1/2 a dodge pan and modifying the pickup. NBD for some, impossible for others,only you know your skill set.

Last edited:

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I’ve had many dodge cars and trucks from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Love the dodge motors and I think the big block mopar Is the easiest V-8 ever made to work on. that includes the V-8 Chevy. That said, I would not put one in a Chevy truck. Just way too many headaches and modifications IMO. Like the others said, find a Chevy motor, they’re plentiful.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Going to have to make your own mounts. If it were a fode engine I'd say don't do it lol but I really love the 440! So Git R done! But it will be lots of mods.

codfish

Drive a hybrid. I NEED your gas!!
Reaction score
First Name
gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
There’s a decent amount of different oilpans and headers on the market now for putting an RB in pretty much any Mopar vehicle, so some of those should definitely work in the relatively large cavity of your pickup. I put a stroked RB in a 68 Dart a few years ago (528”) using a Milodon pan and TTI headers. VERY tight fit, but it fit.

The engine mounts will be your biggest challenge.

Any particular reason for going this route?? I’m all for it! Just curious why you’re looking to do it.

Keep us tuned if you pull the trigger. And I hope your TH350 is up to the challenge !

Codfish
You must be registered for see images attach

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I think the OP is trying to save money by putting in whatever engine he has, not going to spend money on all of the adapters necessary.
Maybe he will respond and let us know.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Gaetan, like Richard said in the last post , that my be why you are doing that. I have been wrenching over 50 yrs, and yes I like that 440, and I have swapped them into other rigs. 1964 Plymouth Satellite, ....but from my experience, that swap will lower the value of your vehicle, will nickel and dime you more then a buying a 454. My 454 swap from a small block cost me right at 2500, motor, gaskets, brackets, headers etc, carb. don't do that. If you have a square, you know the prices are going up every year. I personally would shy away from a square with a 440 swap, if I saw it for sale...

Gardendelite

Reaction score
First Name
Gaetan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Appreciate all the feedback and great advice. That said, I took the easy out and bought a 350 from my neighbor. The 440 will wait for a dodge vehicle. Came close to buying one or two but the wife wants me to do one project at a time. Rats!

Gardendelite

Reaction score
First Name
Gaetan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Also, for those that like "dirty pictures," these are the mains and journals from the 350 I pulled.

Attachments

• 20231228_104534.jpg
    20231228_104534.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member