Dash pad options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sachmo

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350/sm465
The dash pad in my 83 k20 is cracked and tore up everywhere. It looks really bad, and i was wanting to know if there are other options opposed to buying a new dash pad from lmc for $340 bucks.

slammedsi

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
X2, I'm in for a reply.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Coverlay makes a plastic cover that goes over your vinyl dash, doesn't always fit real good but looks a lot better than a cracked dash. You also have the options of the carpet-looking dash cover too.

rscustomrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can offer two options:

1. I am taking a dash and fiberglassing it, then having the upholstery shop cover it in marine grade vinyl. I think it is going to look very nice and should outlast the original dash.

2. I strongly considered going with the DIY4X dash he makes as it looks really cool. However, he is backed up on them for several months and I do not have the patience.

There are several threads on this site about the fiberglass/bondo trick as this site is where I first found out people had done it. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green K10