Dash cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sik78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 pickup
Engine Size
250 inline 6
Looking to replace my dash cover since it's cracked. What years fit my 1978 since at the junk yard there are some 81-87 with some good looking dashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
The dashes in the earlier models are different than the 80's models. The ac vents, and the dash openings are somewhat different. I believe that the overall shape may differ as well .Others have found ways to modify, but I haven't seen any of the end results. Have you considered filling in the crack and rebuilding the current dash?

My 87 dash was cracked in several places. I wasnt impressed with the aftermarket options (they fit and look like ass). I ended up experimenting with mine figuring if it didn't turn out, then off to the boneyard with finger crossed to find something else. I dug out the cracks, vacuumed the loose crap and filled in the voids with bondo. I overlayed the dash repairs with fiberglass and resin. I finally sanded down the repair areas and wrapped tweed over the entire dash. Since the sun in Az rots everything, I knew no matter what I did, it was going to be covered with some sort of dash cover.
Others have had good luck sanding down and filling the cracks with expanding foam, sanding down and applying coats of paint. Theres a write up somewhere on this site of different types of repairs and pics of the results.

1sik78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 pickup
Engine Size
250 inline 6
The dashes in the earlier models are different than the 80's models. The ac vents, and the dash openings are somewhat different. I believe that the overall shape may differ as well .Others have found ways to modify, but I haven't seen any of the end results. Have you considered filling in the crack and rebuilding the current dash?

My 87 dash was cracked in several places. I wasnt impressed with the aftermarket options (they fit and look like ass). I ended up experimenting with mine figuring if it didn't turn out, then off to the boneyard with finger crossed to find something else. I dug out the cracks, vacuumed the loose crap and filled in the voids with bondo. I overlayed the dash repairs with fiberglass and resin. I finally sanded down the repair areas and wrapped tweed over the entire dash. Since the sun in Az rots everything, I knew no matter what I did, it was going to be covered with some sort of dash cover.
Others have had good luck sanding down and filling the cracks with expanding foam, sanding down and applying coats of paint. Theres a write up somewhere on this site of different types of repairs and pics of the results.

Thanks for the feed back. So what I've done so far is filled the cracks with foam and sanded down and wrapped it with some black velvet I don't really like it it looks out of place I'll take some pics tomorrow I think I might just wrap it all with fiber glass and spray it with flat black