Dallas transmission guy in garland...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Dudes fricken awesome. I took him a 700r4 core to rebuild and was helpful enough to go into detail about the trans, what he looks for while breaking down and rebuilding. Then he gave me the list of things to replace, showed me his kits he puts together. After i installed transmission I have him a call and he walked me through adjusting the tv cable. It's been weeks and I will say I will never go back to the wack th350 again. I use lock up like it's an extra gear( I don't use it below 60) cause I have 3.08 gears.... rpm drop with lock up is an even 400rpm going up a hill. Dude rocks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So I gained a full 9 miles a gallon after the swap. Got a bf cooler by for seasons. I drive 44 miles one way a day and I don't really abuse the trans. Totally should of fine this 2 years ago

Sent from the dust in front of you!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sounds like a good build. Although, I'd check the accuracy of your odometer. I can see a 2-4 mile gain in mpg, but 9? That's pretty astounding.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
It's a great build. Yup 9 miles. Speedo is correct so is the GPS :) it also come from using the lock up like I stated. So on accel it don't get turned on till 65 or so. Cruising I'll leave it on till the speed drop below 55. If I'm going up a steep incline and there's a lot of load I cut it off. I still have the factory vac switch

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonanza 77