Cruise Control Transducer Source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
No idea if it works bit I have everything

You must be registered for see images attach
Wat ya gunna do with it

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
If you're looking for a complete set don't forget the brake switch (and clutch switch if you have a manual) and the bracket to which the switch is mounted.
The 2 speedo cables are nice to have as well.

Almost forgot, the little attachment thingy on the throttle lever too!
AND, that adjustable rod from the vacuum actuator to the throttle.

I have the controller, servo, servo to carb rod, I still have the carb so I can get whatever bracket is on there, controller plug with wiring, brake switch and the vacuum switch that was next to the brake switch but it had a welded on piece to activate that. Not sure what factory looked like. The only thing I can't figure out is where the turn signal switch plugs into. It's got that flat tab looking connection for the cruise. My speedo cables were toast so I tossed them, looked like someone tried to cut through them before.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Wat ya gunna do with it
so you good? Im never going to use a factory speedo cable cruise system, so i can assure you they arent going anywhere. be mindful its been sitting in wisconsin weather for 20 years exactly. i dont warranty :)

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
so you good? Im never going to use a factory speedo cable cruise system, so i can assure you they arent going anywhere. be mindful its been sitting in wisconsin weather for 20 years exactly. i dont warranty :)

What's a ~ 40 year old cruise system , well weathered, with no warranty going for these days in WI ? :)

I think several of us are interested.

Thanks ! :waytogo:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
The Cruisemaster info won't load or download :(

???
I had no problem with it. It's a .pdf file.

PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

DBarre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250c.i./4.1L
This is from my '75, which recently became a parts truck instead of a wheeler project. I got the cruise module out of a '98 Suburban that I'm going to try and make work with the factory cruise/turn signal switch in my '78 Suburban so this is just kind of laying around.

I'd like to hear how you make the '98 cruise module work in the '78. That might be a better way to add cruise to a truck that never had it to begin with. No cables and vacuum lines to worry about and plenty of GMT400 trucks in the junkyards.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I'd like to hear how you make the '98 cruise module work in the '78. That might be a better way to add cruise to a truck that never had it to begin with. No cables and vacuum lines to worry about and plenty of GMT400 trucks in the junkyards.

It's going to be a while, a long while. I still need to rebuild the BBC and get that going, and it's not going to be on a carb. I'm using the factory efi so it will go through the computer. I'm just going to make it an off-on switch. I'll accel and decel with my foot.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
To make a long story short, the USPS is not the most efficient operation I’ve ever seen. Here’s the story:

I finally got a transducer. After I ordered the rebuilt one I found a good deal on another so I bought it. Rebuilt unit is from Minneapolis and other is from Atlanta area. Minneapolis was shipped last Thursday with an estimated arrival of the 14th. Atlanta unit shipped Monday with an arrival of the 20th. Both units were at the Detroit Distribution Center yesterday. I have the Atlanta unit and now the Minneapolis unit is in Grand Rapids.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
What's a ~ 40 year old cruise system , well weathered, with no warranty going for these days in WI ? :)

I think several of us are interested.

Thanks ! :waytogo:
I have been trying to figure out if you had sarcasm or not, i dont think its mallicious, no, but are you all serious about wanting the setup or just making a joke because its unlikely to be worth it for anyone?

because i dont want it. lol

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I have been trying to figure out if you had sarcasm or not, i dont think its mallicious, no, but are you all serious about wanting the setup or just making a joke because its unlikely to be worth it for anyone?

because i dont want it. lol

The internet/e-mail is hard to follow sometimes.

No sarcasm - I think several of us would be interested in buying the set up from you - well, depending on price, of course. :)

So, please advise what you want for it - I'd probably try to defer to @78C10BigTen as I think he needs the whole one , but I would buy it to have spare parts as mine can be wonky.

Hope that clears it up , and sorry for any confusion. :boti:

Britt

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I also have a complete factory cruise setup from a 1980 K25 with a 350 4bbl/TH400. The transducer will need some work. I cleaned it up and messed with the system enough that it would engage but go full throttle. It also would eventually snap the cable to the transfer due to too much resistance. I am swapping to a 1997 L29 454/4L80E setup and am using the original 1997 Suburban cruise control module and 4 wire turn signal stalk, so all the original components are up for grabs.

Like AuroraGirl, I'm not really sure what they are worth and I've got no guarantee that any or all of it will work. But if anyone needs the parts and doesn't mind waiting for me to finish pulling them all off, I've got the complete original system.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I will look at the setup on 75, 79, and 80 gm cars to see if they can be grafted over at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC