Cruise control and windshield wiper fluid switch troubleshokt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCtractorboy

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
V8 305
'85 C10 V8-305

I'm having an issue where my cruise control doesn't work and my windshield wiper switch and fluid switch acts up.

More detailed:
1) cruise control does not work
2) my windshield wiper fluid switch when activated, does not have any fluid come out but my wipers move like they're suppose to
3) my windshield wiper switch itself when activated doesn't operate as it should (the time delay doesn't work, the mist position doesn't work, and when I turn it all the way to high speed it only runs in the low speed

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Cruise control also works in conjunction with the vacuum. Check the linkage next to the tbi (on drivers side)....sometimes the linkage bar breaks loose from the rubber diaphragm. The diaphragm is a round rubber/metal disc that is on the drivers side of the tbi unit under the air filter housing. Also check that the wire from the cc lever is connected under the dash...these push connectors are also notorious for coming unplugged. Its possible that you ws wiper washer pump has stopped working.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes