Cowl Wiper Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a 82 C10 and Im trying to figure is there anything on backside of wiper cowl panel closet to the windshield that attaches to truck, I know that there are four screws on the front side closest to motor

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
There is two studs on the windshield side of the cowl. There is one larger bolt lurking on each side hiding under the foam that covers the hood hinge. Lift the front of the cowl and pull it towards you to release the studs. It can be a little tricky to remove with the hood in place. I have seen people unbolt (hood side) the hinges that connect to the firewall and slide the hood forward the ease the removal of the wiper cowl.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I think that's the problem I'm putting truck back together and there are no studs on the backside of panel, missing and I cant find any info what to use or what they're called

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I did a quick search of the usual parts suppliers and didn't see them listed. Best bet is the salvage yard. There is two of them one on each side. They are located close to the outer edge of the wiper cowl. You should see two elongated holes in the firewall where they go. They are plastic and held on with a capture nut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB