Corvette manifolds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Another thing to consider. How about some cheap headers, cut your pipes to go into the collectors then all you need is a $20 weld up if you can't weld yourself. I think Summit has some cheap $99 headers for these trucks. They should last awhile. I had a cheap set once that lasted 6 years that I know of and I sold the truck with them on it. Problem was seemed about every 8 months I had to replace the header gaskets cuz there wasn't much of a flange at the pipes to the head. I think if the flange was thicker the gaskets would have been better supported and lasted longer.

I think your right about the headers, Now that I think about it I do have a hacksaw and I have a buddy with a garage and small miller wire feed welder. One of the guys with the wrong manifolds offered a set of long tube headers, maybe I should give him a call.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I was thinking, Maybe I will just pick up a set of used headers on CL and get all the other crap one piece at a time. Finally realized by the time I buy collectors, fasteners and gaskets it could cost over 100 bucks. A bigger issue with used headers is the flange could be warped to ****. Just like MRgmsquare said here is the complete kit ready to go for 100 bucks.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9006/

Now I just have to convince my wife to give me 100 bucks for them, my whole "its the last thing thats wrong with it I promise" is not working anymore. The poison gas in the cab should be plenty to justify fixing it but the gas does not bother her at all and makes me very dizzy and sick.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I was thinking, Maybe I will just pick up a set of used headers on CL and get all the other crap one piece at a time. Finally realized by the time I buy collectors, fasteners and gaskets it could cost over 100 bucks. A bigger issue with used headers is the flange could be warped to ****. Just like MRgmsquare said here is the complete kit ready to go for 100 bucks.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9006/

Now I just have to convince my wife to give me 100 bucks for them, my whole "its the last thing thats wrong with it I promise" is not working anymore. The poison gas in the cab should be plenty to justify fixing it but the gas does not bother her at all and makes me very dizzy and sick.

Those actually look pretty good for a cheap set of headers. That flange looks alot thicker than the set of headers I was talking about. That's one thing about these trucks, they can nickel and dime you, but still, you don't have a payment on it, so the nickels and dimes usually don't hurt to bad if you have them to spend.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I decided to set up a cheap exhaust setup out of ******** until I have the money checks fundage and such to do the exhaust I want. So I talked to this guy Alan and Im going to buy these headers for 25 bucks, rusty but fine for now. I decided I cant have headers without a aftermarket muffler for a decent tone so I found this.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

I decided to set up a cheap exhaust setup out of ******** until I have the money checks fundage and such to do the exhaust I want. So I talked to this guy Alan and Im going to buy these headers for 25 bucks, rusty but fine for now. I decided I cant have headers without a aftermarket muffler for a decent tone so I found this.
:grd::grd::grd:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I cant forget the "pliable metallic wire fastening apparatus". I will implement this into the rusty design of my exhaust design.

Last edited:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I cant forget the "pliable metallic wire fastening apparatus". I will implement this into the rusty design of my exhaust design.

:lol:

Been there several times......If it was closer to spring time, I'd just give you my old headers. I plan on different ones next year anyways when I do the cam swap etc.................

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
:lol:

Been there several times......If it was closer to spring time, I'd just give you my old headers. I plan on different ones next year anyways when I do the cam swap etc.................

I feel like ******* since I left a brand new pair in Las Cruces Nm at my buddies house! These will work for now, once I get the fundage and such I want to re-do all the exhaust with new pipes anyways and either use some shorty smog headers or some fancy long tubes with header wrap. How close are you to Reno?

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2058687247.html

He has two different sets of headers, which ones should I pick up? I think the shorter ones are correct? what do you guys think?

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I live in Reno......that is,Reno County in KS....(Hutchinson,KS to be exact)...:Big Laugh:

....I know my Hedmanns look like the taller set.....I would think the shorter ones would have clearance issues on the frame rails possibly.....Maybe someone on here will know for sure.............

Last edited:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
After more research on the headers.... by the time I buy gaskets, fasteners and collector reducers with flanges its going to cost 75 bucks to install used headers. So I explained this to my wife and all she herd was 100 more dollars and I herd about how much she hates my money pit.

New plan, Bailing wire the living **** out of the manifold where the stud broke until I have cash to re-do the exhaust.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here is a pic of those 305 manifolds. The passenger side still has the thermostatic air cleaner heater and the vacuum block off for the the TAC also. If you don't want to use those pieces, I can take them off and lighten the shipping. In CA they are required to pass smog, but in other states, I don't think so. Now these don't have AIR ports for the smog pump in them either. Is Nevada gonna require you to have them? Or can you keep your New Mexico registration? They don't require emmisons test in NM do they?

Attachments

• 81C10_305Manifolds.jpg
    81C10_305Manifolds.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 114

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Yea dude those look like them, I need to check on the drivers side manifold to make sure but the passenger side looks perfect. I will pay the extra shipping for the heat riser since it would help a whole lot here. Cant thank you enough dude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david b