Corvette manifolds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I got a response from some dude on craigslist saying I could have a pair of "ram horn" manifolds he just pulled off his corvette. Im just wondering if these would bolt up without modification.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Probably would have to get the ypipe reworked to get them to fit up

The old stockers dump in the back
Don't ram horns dump in the middle?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Your right half man half bear half pig. After the google image search they dump out in the completely wrong place.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I agree with Manbearpig bitthis shouldn't be a big deal for a muffler shop to do for you.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
THere's a guy that offered a set of long tube headers for 25 bucks, I am almost tempted to just get those and hack off my exhaust with a hacksaw and take the thing to my buddies dads hose to weld the collectors onto my pipe.

It just seems so much easier to find some manifolds that will bolt in directly so the exhaust leak stops. Its starting to make me dizzy while i drive it haha.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What are you running now? Is the leak from the flanges or ? I've got a set of Hedman LongTubes on mine right now and have been contemplating a set of "shorties"....The long tubes are nice, but I plan on dropping the truck down a little more and will run into clearance issues....I've also heard alot of good things about "Percys" soft gaskets for both the flanges and collectors...

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Center dump manifolds are sought after by motor heads. Since they have a centered outlet, it balances the pulses a little better than the stockers, similar to what a header is supposed to do. Personally I would rather have something like that than my ratty old headers. They're ok, but they are rusting away and get pretty hot.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
What are you running now? Is the leak from the flanges or ? I've got a set of Hedman LongTubes on mine right now and have been contemplating a set of "shorties"....The long tubes are nice, but I plan on dropping the truck down a little more and will run into clearance issues....I've also heard alot of good things about "Percys" soft gaskets for both the flanges and collectors...

Right now its got stock manifolds, I broke off one of the studs inside the threaded part of the bottom of the manifold. So there is only 2 studs holding it together. Im still considering the header route but dont want to screw around with welding the collectors on my pipe.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Center dump manifolds are sought after by motor heads. Since they have a centered outlet, it balances the pulses a little better than the stockers, similar to what a header is supposed to do. Personally I would rather have something like that than my ratty old headers. They're ok, but they are rusting away and get pretty hot.

The dude is just throwing them away, If I had somewhere to stash them I would definetly go snatch them up.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
This manifold thing is turning into a real pain in the ass. When I snapped off that stud laying under the truck freezing my ass off that night I never imagined it would be this difficult to find a replacement.

Learned so far, truck manifolds are 3 stud and car manifolds are 2. 350 and 305 manifolds are different. Wasted 120 mile trip taught me about the studs.

Now I've got some ******** on craigslist trying to sell me his set for 75 after i've been offered 3 wrong but similar sets for 20 bucks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Did I send you a shipping quote for these 305 manifolds I have??? I don't remember what I quoted for 1 now, but the second one should be lighter and not much more. You oughta just pay the shipping and use these ones I got. I am fairly certain they are exactly what you have on your truck now. I can take more pics for you to compare to yours.
Any small block exhaust manifold will bolt to the head, but where your pipes dump will need to be modiifed as PigBearDude said and exhaust shop work isn't cheap these days.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Did I send you a shipping quote for these 305 manifolds I have??? I don't remember what I quoted for 1 now, but the second one should be lighter and not much more. You oughta just pay the shipping and use these ones I got. I am fairly certain they are exactly what you have on your truck now. I can take more pics for you to compare to yours.
Any small block exhaust manifold will bolt to the head, but where your pipes dump will need to be modiifed as PigBearDude said and exhaust shop work isn't cheap these days.

yes, definitely. If i did that from the start I would have saved money. The one set that MIGHT work this guy expects over 3 times what they are worth.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
These are off an 81 305 Chevy Silverado. I have a feeling they are identical to what you have. Yours is an 85, so its possible you have AIR holes for a smog pump, these don't. DO you need AIR holes or no? Does NV do emisssons testing?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
These are off an 81 305 Chevy Silverado. I have a feeling they are identical to what you have. Yours is an 85, so its possible you have AIR holes for a smog pump, these don't. DO you need AIR holes or no? Does NV do emisssons testing?

I have the holes in the ones I have but I think I will phase that stuff out and save it for later. I would have to smog the truck if I registered it here but im just going to leave New Mexico plates on it until I can get it to pass emissions.

For now I just gotta stop the exhaust from coming in the cab, its getting bad! I just took my wife to school and got dizzy by the time I got home, very dangerous ****.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Another thing to consider. How about some cheap headers, cut your pipes to go into the collectors then all you need is a $20 weld up if you can't weld yourself. I think Summit has some cheap $99 headers for these trucks. They should last awhile. I had a cheap set once that lasted 6 years that I know of and I sold the truck with them on it. Problem was seemed about every 8 months I had to replace the header gaskets cuz there wasn't much of a flange at the pipes to the head. I think if the flange was thicker the gaskets would have been better supported and lasted longer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky