Clutch help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I have a 1985 Chevy K 20 it has the SM 465 I recently saw the motor with the new 350 when I did the swap I bled the clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder originally the clutch pedal had no pressure and wouldn't return from the floor . I hydraulically bled the master cylinder and got all the air out, now the pedal retention the floor but still has no pressure. I can't figure out how to get it to build pressure I feel like I've tried everything and I'm just at a loss anyone have any ideas or information on how to help anything would be helpful thank you

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
First the pedal should return regardless of the hydraulics so there must be a spring missing from the pedal assembly. Next, check to be sure you arent sucking air in from the hose that goes from the resivoir to the master. You can bleed all day long and not get anywhere if you are sucking air in there.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
I had an issue bleeding my clutch slave the first time I did it. I tried to do it with it mounted to the bellhousing, like I've done it many times before on many other vehicles, but it would not evacuate all the air. After several attempts, an inordinate amount of time, and a lot of clutch fluid dripping down my arms, I decided to look at my Hayne's manual. The manual said unbolt the slave from the bellhousing, hold in in a certain spot, at a certain angle, then bleed it. If I recall correctly, I think I had to hold the slave so that the bleeder valve was the highest point on the slave cylinder. Worked like a champ. Less than 15 minutes later, it was bled, and bolted back up. Hope that helps.

Oldrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
What he said.
Sure hope you like the taste of brake fluid.
I have not been able to get a decent bleed with the slave in place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don