Chrome Platers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Was the booster apart? How would they plate it assembled?

Nope. I assume the guy on the phone didnt know what a brake booster is and after it showed up nobody knew OR was WILLING to take it apart. I'm not ignorant to the work, I called half a dozen people that dont know a flippin thing about it though and I, in turn, became unwilling to ask questions because I was pretty hot.
Convo went like this:
'Well it would have to be taken apart, there's a rubber diaphragm in there!'
:mad:......:mad: actually, there are two......:mad:
:biggun:
"Fine.Send it back - I have a credit card. Are you ready?"
Scared little oussies. Everyone is WAY TO TERRIFIED of getting sued that nobody can get **** done now. Been in business since 1964 and turn away money at prices they set in 2019.
Won't be long now

There is no legal solution to the sheeples' inability to serve, pretty quick to get on my last nerve. They shall forever be shunned only to seek help and find none.

Pretty much all i should say...Dontcha think?
Send it back? I'm scared for it so i'll play nice.
:D Seems safe.

They have my part and I want it back safe. It's a really good one and I love it. :homoswitch:
You guys know how we are about truck parts!
:idiot:

Last edited:

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Go to large car shows like Good-Guys, Pomona, etc. There is usually 2-3 chrome platers at every large event I go to and they usually have a 100 bumpers at the shows available to exchange.

Metro Plating in Phoenix is around $350 to straighten and chrome a bumper. $200 to strip and straighten and $150 to plate. That is comparable to original. If you want the triple show chrome, where they make it better than factory is triple the price.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nope. I assume the guy on the phone didnt know what a brake booster is and after it showed up nobody knew OR was WILLING to take it apart. I'm not ignorant to the work, I called half a dozen people that dont know a flippin thing about it though and I, in turn, became unwilling to ask questions because I was pretty hot.
Convo went like this:
'Well it would have to be taken apart, there's a rubber diaphragm in there!'
:mad:......:mad: actually, there are two......:mad:
:biggun:
"Fine.Send it back - I have a credit card. Are you ready?"
Scared little oussies. Everyone is WAY TO TERRIFIED of getting sued that nobody can get **** done now. Been in business since 1964 and turn away money at prices they set in 2019.
Won't be long now

There is no legal solution to the sheeples' inability to serve, pretty quick to get on my last nerve. They shall forever be shunned only to seek help and find none.

Pretty much all i should say...Dontcha think?
Send it back? I'm scared for it so i'll play nice.
:D Seems safe.

They have my part and I want it back safe. It's a really good one and I love it. :homoswitch:
You guys know how we are about truck parts!
:idiot:

Were you expecting them to disassemble a part? Im sure they would have done it at the going shop rate. Probably $60-90 an hour?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yes. That is exactly what I expected after two phone calls and a price quote. They said around $55 after I offered $'77.

I've got $22.33 in the paint so far.
Lol + sad face. So far...:(
Whatcanyado?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I bought a 71 1800 from a fella west of Lima OH a few years ago. He told me of a place he had used on his restos in Portland IN called J&P Custom Plating. Wondered if anyone here had ever heard of them?

EPA has chased out about anyplace else I ever used or knew of.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We're on the same page Brother.

**** that dumb ****, i've got way better things to do. Who knew a simple zinc brake booster would be such a frickin chore? I could have PAINTED IT a long time ago but I had tunnel vision on zinc plating.
Lesson learned,hrm.

Scored the perfect paint even! :headbang:

Game over man, I am sooooooo over it already..gah!

You must be registered for see images attach

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LMFAO!!! That's the funniest **** I've seen in a long time!!! Thank you Rusty! I needed that laugh after the day I've had.

:happy175::happy175::rotflmao::rotflmao:

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
We did hard Chrome, Nickel, and copper plating where I work but we just shut it down. Illinois EPA sucks. The more strict the EPA gets the more strict the states get. Soon there won't be anyone. We do still have a hand plater, no tank, just a pump with a brush. Kinda neat actually but no one has ever used it. The guy that knew how to use it quit and now the company is stuck with $10k in parts they can't use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes