changing 305 to 350.. will it pass smog?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

littleherc

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I have the stock 305 engine in my step side and was wanting just a little more power...so i am thinking of ordering the jegs GM Goodwrench 350ci Engine... the question is will it still pass smog?

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
It should. If you're looking at the 10067353, it comes with an emissions friendly cam and the smog equipment from the 305 will swap over. Consider adding an Edelbrock 3701 intake which has the egr provision and a C.A.R.B. compliance number. No reason why it shouldn't pass unless you install the wrong carb or leave a vacuum line off somewhere.

littleherc

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Nice thanks for letting me know. Cant wait to throw the new engine in and let my baby purr..... was going to buy another pre smog but i like my truck to much to let her go....so i figured hey why not have two... well wife said either get rid of your motorcycle, the truck, or your other car first... women...:Insane:.. can't wait to see her face when the engine gets dropped off at the door...:shrug::sorry:

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
How did your truck do on emissions last time it was tested? The original catalytic converters are pretty old by now and may not be helping as much as they should.

littleherc

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
How did your truck do on emissions last time it was tested? The original catalytic converters are pretty old by now and may not be helping as much as they should.

I installed a new catalytic converter 2 years ago... Its never given me any problems when it comes to smog...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx