Carb issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gman73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
Ck20
Engine Size
350 v8
A lot of replies from a post I ran on my truck not starting and shooting flames out the carb. Well that was a timing issue got it worked out, but when I start it the carb races to throttle body wide open. Mind you it doesn’t have a choke that is working. Can I remove all the choke mechanism and run the carb?

85 Squarebody76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C1500
Engine Size
A lot of replies from a post I ran on my truck not starting and shooting flames out the carb. Well that was a timing issue got it worked out, but when I start it the carb races to throttle body wide open. Mind you it doesn’t have a choke that is working. Can I remove all the choke mechanism and run the carb?
You can remove the choke but it may make it hard to start in cold or chilly weather... It is racing most likely because the step mechanism on the choke is stuck on the high step. It is right between the choke assy and the carb on the front right corner of carb ( pass side)

Gman73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
Ck20
Engine Size
350 v8
no cold or chilly weather 75-90 pretty much year round, plus I have 3 vehicles so this wouldn't be driven in cold or rain. Thanks for the reply

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii