Cant find ac compressor brackets!! 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B33RRUN

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
@Craig 85

that sounds good. I sent you a pm or (conversation) on this forum with my info.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
@B33RRUN here's the pictures of what I have. I think the only thing you will need is the stud/bolt for the intake for the bracket on the lower right of the first picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@82TwoHeadlight,

I don't know about 454 A/C, but what is that cannister above the power steering pump in you engine photo? For all the dang stuff in your engine compartment it sure does look good! And it looks new to! Is it a crate motor? Stuff looks new and clean, and I see new paint on the inner fender there to the left. @Craig85, Yours does to! That cannister of yours is in the center in the above photo. It's got like a power steering res. cap on it. Is that what it is? Your system needs that much more than what the power steering pump and can has in it?

Thanks Raider. As mentioned above it's a factory power steering reservoir. My Dad and I put a lot of hours in the engine swap. We removed the front clip and painted the inner fenders and firewall before reassembling. I've used as many factory parts as I could to keep a clean factory look where possible. The truck still has the original factory paint everywhere else. The motor is a locally built big block by Dale Bridges.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I have at least the partialbracketry for a 77 350 for ac. That being the top one. I’d have to check for the others. Also this is what a v5 looks like @bucket

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have at least the partialbracketry for a 77 350 for ac. That being the top one. I’d have to check for the others. Also this is what a v5 looks like @bucket

Yep. I've replaced hundreds of those. The case seals end up leaking on basically all of them. Then the occasional leaking shaft seal. Besides that, they are a pretty good compressor.

Waylon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
How's $40 sound including shipping? It should fit in one of the USPS priority flat rate boxes. Just PM your address? Do you have a Zelle account? (No fees)
That’s a hell of a deal if you ask me.

B33RRUN

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
So i installed the brackets i got from Craig. Turns out LMC sent me the incorrect compressor! After realizing this, i ordered an A6 conpressor for a 70 chevelle with a 454. It looks to be correct, hopefully i will have time this weekend to verify

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Glad the bracket worked out. FYI I can't recall where the wide washer on the leading bolt of the upper bracket goes. I stuck it on there before it shipped so it wouldn't get lost. It may fit between one of those brackets on that same bolt. Once you get the correct compressor, you should be able to figure it out. The fine thread bolt is for the hoses at the rear.

Here's a couple of shots I had I pulled off the internet. The others are my compressor before I took the brackets off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20