Need H6 AC compressor brackets for 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Hey y'all...... I have a 85 that I'm currently putting back together from a frame off restore. It has a 454 that I'm wanting to put AC on. I currently have the AC brackets for the ole A6 compressor but was really wanting to go with the H6 setup. If anybody has any leads or info about this problem of mine I would greatly appreciate the help!!!!! Thanks

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I'll check my parts bucket any pics or description what I'm looking for? I have accesury brackets from two 454 ac trucks

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I went with a Sanden compressor and Vintage Air brackets on my 454. Rest of the system is OEM.

You must be registered for see images attach

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
MarineOne.........Thanks for the reply!!!!!!!! As bad as I hate to admit it I have not even laid eyes on a set of brackets yet. I just know that on 4 seasons website when I add my vehicle information the HR6 compressor is what it calls for, which is a shorter version of the big long A6 compressor. A buddy of mine has the complete set up for the HR6 but it is for a 6.2 diesel. I don't even know if the big block brackets are similar to them........... Thanks for your time and possible help!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Craig 85.......... Thanks for your response!!!!!! First I want to say that it is so good to see a unmolested engine compartment!!!!!! Now if you don't mind me asking for more info, do you by chance know the part # from vintage air? Are your hoses new in those pictures?....If so where did you get them? Thanks for your time, and help!!!!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Craig 85.......... Thanks for your response!!!!!! First I want to say that it is so good to see a unmolested engine compartment!!!!!! Now if you don't mind me asking for more info, do you by chance know the part # from vintage air? Are your hoses new in those pictures?....If so where did you get them? Thanks for your time, and help!!!!
At the time of the photo I lived in CA and had to have the truck smogged every 2 years. Luckily here in TN we have no smog test, but all I've done to date is remove the smog pump.

FYI there are 2 smog set ups for 1985 trucks. Pre 1/1/85 and post 1/1/85. My truck has a 11/84 build date and 1984 spec smog with the A6 compressor. Trucks built after 1/1/85 have dual smog pumps and the factory looking headers. Those have the smaller A/C pump.

The bracket I used is a Vintage Air VA151370BCA. I think it's made by Alan Grove. The Compressor is a Sanden SD5S14, Model #S6626. The hoses were custom made by the A/C shop. He was a Vintage Air dealer. Other than these items, the rest of the system is factory GM. I did have to change the belt sizes and order on the crank pulley.

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Great!!! Thank you very much, at least I have a option now. Like I said I have all the brackets for the A6 but I really don't want to deal with that big log hanging over the valve cover lol...... Once again thanks!!!!!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Great!!! Thank you very much, at least I have a option now. Like I said I have all the brackets for the A6 but I really don't want to deal with that big log hanging over the valve cover lol...... Once again thanks!!!!!
No problem. I had all of my brackets, but the OEM hoses were bent and the compressor frozen. To me it wasn't worth paying to fix/find the OEM parts for about the same price as the aftermarket. I sold the brackets to someone else on the forum.

The nice part about the aftermarket setup is the compressor is past the valve cover so if you wanted to run the tall style you could.

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
No problem. I had all of my brackets, but the OEM hoses were bent and the compressor frozen. To me it wasn't worth paying to fix/find the OEM parts for about the same price as the aftermarket. I sold the brackets to someone else on the forum.

The nice part about the aftermarket setup is the compressor is past the valve cover so if you wanted to run the tall style you could.
Thanks again Craig 85!!!!!! I hate to keep bothering you about this but I have a question concerning the hoses.......... I don't have anyone near me that I could go about getting hoses made. Do you by chance remember the name of the place you had do your's or do you think I would be wasting my time and they won't know what I'm needing without seeing it in person???? Thank you for all your help man!!!!!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Thanks again Craig 85!!!!!! I hate to keep bothering you about this but I have a question concerning the hoses.......... I don't have anyone near me that I could go about getting hoses made. Do you by chance remember the name of the place you had do your's or do you think I would be wasting my time and they won't know what I'm needing without seeing it in person???? Thank you for all your help man!!!!!

The hoses were custom made on the truck. We had originally planned to follow the OEM path of the hoses, but it worked out better to run the one behind the air cleaner.

I no longer live in Northern CA, but I went to B & F Auto Air Conditioning (530) 478-9369. Bill is the owner and is probably around 65-70 years old, maybe older. I don't know if he's still in business. Total mom and pop business he ran out of a 2-car garage in one of his homes. I doubt this is something he could just fab up without the vehicle.

Any A/C shop could make up the hoses. Maybe Vintage Air has something that would work off the shelf or could be easily adapted to the OEM A/C system.

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
The hoses were custom made on the truck. We had originally planned to follow the OEM path of the hoses, but it worked out better to run the one behind the air cleaner.

I no longer live in Northern CA, but I went to B & F Auto Air Conditioning (530) 478-9369. Bill is the owner and is probably around 65-70 years old, maybe older. I don't know if he's still in business. Total mom and pop business he ran out of a 2-car garage in one of his homes. I doubt this is something he could just fab up without the vehicle.

Any A/C shop could make up the hoses. Maybe Vintage Air has something that would work off the shelf or could be easily adapted to the OEM A/C system.
Right on ..... brackets showed up yesterday and compressor will be here tomorrow..... Thanks for your time!!!!!

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size

I have ran into another issue with this transformation LOL........ Once again thank you for all your info on the AC part but I was wondering if you by chance have any pictures of your power steering brackets??? This was a cucv truck and it of course had the hydro boost system but it had the 6.2 in it and I don't see the power steering brackets working on this ole fat block. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
@Squarebody1985 here's those pictures. FYI my truck is an early production '85 (11/84) with a single smog pump set up. Trucks produced after 1/1/85 had dual smog pumps, factory stainless headers and a different A/C compressor set up. I'm not sure it those power steer mounts were different.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
A few more.

Squarebody1985

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Thank You very much!!!!!! I picked up them exact brackets last night......... I might have to switch to the type of pump that you have for them to work, which is fine. My pump must be a new version because it looks just like a non hydro boost pump with cap/reservoir and extra port on the back. I don't have the remote reservoir like yours and all the ones I have had in the past.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey