Can someone school me on carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
SirRobynO, I was trying to be helpful in my post but didn't elaborate. I realize you need that truck everyday, I understood and understand undertaking this project is problematic if it doesn't go as planned. There are only 4 bolts on that seat, and it is helpful to have another person, but it can be done by yourself. I done it at least 4 times for 2 different trucks both 4 speed, 4wd. You don't have that problem! Unbolt the seat, front bolts first, position the seat all the way forward, rear bolts. Push the seat belts through. Remove it from the passenger side. You'll have to finagle it but no shifters or steering wheel in the way. Clean it up and see what you have! Put the seat back in, throw and rug on the floor and your existing floor mats down. work on it when you have time and then spend the money for how you want to fix it. You can still use the truck in the mean time those floors are pretty
tough.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last Picture after blasting! You would already know if it went this far and what you see is nothing compared to our eastern friends like @AuroraGirl.
at least I do have belts :)

76n559

Reaction score
First Name
tyrese
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Holy crap, it looks like you have the same truck as my parts truck! That green and white I think is VERY sweet!!!

I apologize for going off topic here!

Holy crap, it looks like you have the same truck as my parts truck! That green and white I think is VERY sweet!!!

I apologize for going off topic here!

yep only difference my seat custom deluxe avocado full vinyl...nice parts truck. is it a silverado?

squarelyfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
I went with a molded carpet. Remove the bench seat, trims and remove old carpet. Clean up while your in there. Install new carpet. Done. Are the molds perfect? no but over time will lay out and get better. Trying to install a non molded piece of carpet will be a time consuming nightmare imo. Get the correct carpet/mold for your year/model. Even the molded ones need a little trimming. If it's non 4x4 and automatic it's even easier. I would think if you are going the non molded route you will spend a bunch of time on using a heat gun getting it to contour and lay more evenly.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
But are they connected to anything substantial enough to matter?:33:
yes, in an accident i feel my chances of survival would not be limited more than, say, yours, but That isnt really saying all THAT much esp with those problematic buckles that were prone to failure lol
The spots they are mounted to are surprisingly in tact, tho, which si good because the forward part of the cab on that side YIKES

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Grandma used to say "It's easier to knit a pair of slippers than carpet the world". Just sayin @SirRobyn0

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I totally refurburbed my interior including ths carpet. Wasnt hard, little time consuming. When ordering carpet, make sure it has a pad on reversd side. Fix your rust situation first. I also put down self stick thermal mat to keep noise and heat down. If dirt &mud are a problem, maybe a rubber liner and then some inexpensive carpet mats. There is a company that sells the molded rubber liner.

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
stock interior is the place to go for carpet, have used them before for my chevelle carpet quality carpet laid down nice

Scribbles

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've done quite a few of all 3 styles and I prefer the molded with the Jute already on the backside by far with sound deadening on the cleaned metal. It helps in cold or hot weather (It gets up to 130 degrees here inside vehicles)
The easy way of cutting out for Seat holes is to use a pick tool from the bottom of the truck to let you know where to cut.
Also if its cold out use or borrow some kind of steamer to heat us the carpet even the molded carpet needs this step.
For me the hardest part was not to rush to much when cutting the overhang on the edge's. I came very close to cutting to much off a few times and as these were customer cars that would have been a bad thing for me.
Also carpet helps with road noise and general interior noise over the plastic.
I hope this helps in some way.
Also I just bought a 70 C10 and it has blue shag carpeting everywhere even on the entire door so I will be doing that SOON.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara