Can light installation help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ypsik10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Bought some cab lights for my k-10 a while back never installed them have no directions they only have one black wire coming out of them is that the power wire? Do the ground themselves with the hardware I'm going to use? Should I run an inline fuse? Then just run them to either a fuse that's hot while the key is on or wen the headlights are turned on? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 83

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
I just installed cab lights on my '77. Not too difficult. Save a lot of time, go to Home Depot and buy a cheap wire fish for $12 to feed the wire from hole to hole. Your ground will come from the two mounting screws. Remove headliner if you have one and the A pillar trim and run the wire down there to your fuse box. Use a test light to find the accessory plug-in point that is hot when you turn on your lights. That is the place to plug in your wire. Good luck.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Note that the outer two lenses are indexed 20 degrees off the center line. FWIW - I believe that is an NHTSA requirement.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
My guess is these aftermarket lights have a metal tab for a ground on one of the mounting screws. Make sure the gaskets are in good shape or you will have water getting inside your roof. I've seen other people use RTV to help seal them. I would hook them up to your parking lamp curcuit.

I know my 85 K30 has the outer most lights turned 20 degrees, but they don't do that any more. I had a 2001 2500HD with factory cab lights and they were straight forward. I'm looking at putting cab lights on my 2016 Ram 2500 and from the factory, those too are straight forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76