Can it be saved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I don’t mind, scenic needed the help. Although if he starts his own thread I’d like to fallow along. As for my truck, it now has new tires, new battery, a fresh oil change, and topped off the transmission fluid. It runs just fine. I plan on redoing all the brakes and new plugs/wires cap and rotor and she will be on the road.

We're here to help and provide information for everybody. When threads get convoluted they get hard to follow.

It is cool your truck is up and running. It's a beauty.

Some of us have hijacked a thread.

At some point it needs to be a separate thread

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
I don’t mind, scenic needed the help. Although if he starts his own thread I’d like to fallow along. As for my truck, it now has new tires, new battery, a fresh oil change, and topped off the transmission fluid. It runs just fine. I plan on redoing all the brakes and new plugs/wires cap and rotor and she will be on the road.

Appreciate my man! I will start a new thread and post the link here.

I have to tell you that your ride reminds me of a comment a good friend of mine said when I told him I was going to pick up a square Suburban to replace the current situation..."Your going to make all the soccer moms grab their purse and cover their (you know whats) when you drive down the street" Nice looking truck and I hope you cruise it 'til the wheels fall off!

scenic760

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size

B1075

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
It’s been a while and I have been busy. The truck has new brakes all the way around and new brake fluid. New plugs, wires, and cap, new power steering pump and belts and coolant flush. It runs great. The only thing I notice is that after I let it run 10-15 minutes the temperature gauge never gets above 1/4. I seem to remember it sitting just under 1/2 when I used to drive it. I haven’t taken it on the road yet so I’m not sure what it will do when it’s driving but dose anyone think the thermostat is stuck open? And should I just replace it before I drive it or take it out and see what happens? Thanks everyone.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's fine. You don't want it too hot. It's not a computer controlled car that won't run right till like 190f.

Mine stays around 1/4 esp this time of year. I was running down interstate with a 16ft trailer pulling a tractor today and it was barely over 1/4 as well as riding the highways it was just around 1/4

B1075

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Alright guys. I’m about road worthy. I do have a problem though, I have a transmission leak. Truck sat in one spot for the last couple weeks and I have about a 4” puddle of transmission fluid under it. I moved it and ran it for about 15 minutes and ended up with another 4” puddle. Looks like it’s coming out of the weep hole in the cover between the transmission and engine, right in front of the transmission pan. I know it’s old and it’s going to leak some fluids. I’m just wondering how bad is to bad and when should I be concerned about driving it and putting it on the road. Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the advice.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Sounds like the input shaft seal...

Latest posts

Forum statistics