Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
http://scranton.craigslist.org/pts/3546499550.html

looks like a nice parts k5. a shame it does not have a title.

NO Title don't scare me in OK. For most of those older trucks that have been sitting around for 2 years or more. It's actually cheaper just to file for Title 42 for $50-$100, that takes 6 weeks to get back, then when you get it back, the tag starts over fresh. All you pay is Title Fee, $15 Transfer Fee $15, and a Current Year Tag starting from that month so it's good for a whole year, $24. NO catching up the tags, NO penatlies, NO Excise Tax. I can usally get my Title 42's done for $50. So all total, about $110 and I have a Current Title in my name, and a current tag good for a year. So with a couple trucks I've bought, it was cheaper for me to lose the title. Instead of paying 2 years tags, with penatlies, transfer fee, title fee, notary fee, excise tax etc etc, would have ended up being about $400. Probably more like $300 since with enough major receipts I could sign a Non Op Affidavit and get the penalties waived. But still, $110 is cheaper than $300, and it's a full year tag, not going to expires in 2 months or whenever the tag month is on the current title.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yup, a rusted out, over-priced, over-polished turd that's been around the block a few times. Might be worth 2k around these parts.

Maybe it's the tiny pictures on my phone, but I thought it looked really good. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Maybe it's the tiny pictures on my phone, but I thought it looked really good. What am I missing?

Stock 1/2 ton axles; rust in the floors and rockers; cloudy gauge lense; rust holes in the back floor and jambs; ****** painted door panels; missing interior screws;

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Stock 1/2 ton axles; rust in the floors and rockers; cloudy gauge lense; rust holes in the back floor and jambs; ****** painted door panels; missing interior screws;

Ahh...I see it now. Wow, that's bad. Lotsa rust. Kick panels look like **** too. And at least one broken a/c vent. Definitely not worth anywhere near what he's asking for it.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3571480954.html

You must be registered for see images

#'s matching gto. This should be an easy project even for the guy that dosnt know much about cars. Interior is almost in like new condition, somebody must not have liked the back seat cause its gone ( I'm sure someone has seen it ) .Motor dosnt smoke, runs strong but its gone ( Idont think I really know where it went ) Tranny is rebuilt and shifts good but its gone too. 24237 vin and data plate. Almost sorta rock solid body, virtually no rust, mostly paint bubbles. Body is almost laser straight with a coupla small scratches ( nothing major ). Needs a few minor items like some trim ( it was good before it got bent ) front bumper, floor pans maybe a door but after that its cruisin time. Paint was in good condition before it got old. Could probably use a coupla small patch panels, maybe some larger ones too ( those are easy fixes ). Oh I forgot ,it has new tires, been on it maybe 20 yrs or so. You should probably also put in a radiator and a steering box ( I'm positive I dont know where those went ) but after that its time to hit the road after you replace the wiring harness because the rats ate thru the old one I think. Has TX title. Must see to appreciate. Once restored these cars are worth millions and millions of dollars, that said I would consider an even trade for something of equal value like a 2014 mustang , camaro or challenger. No projects. $1000 obo. Serious inquiries should include a phone #. I will not respond if you do not leave a # ( I dont text ). hot rod, street rod, rat rod, classic american muscle, truck, chevy, ford

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehernandez