Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Saw this too, I've tried to compare the front axle cover to google pics of d60's and d44's. Either Google doesn't know the differences, or they're close enough I can't see the nuances. But the front hubs don't look familiar to me. Is this possibly a d60, instead of a 44?

http://flint.craigslist.org/pts/5340607603.html

I see ball joints rather than kingpins.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Not sure if I posted yet but what do you think would be a reasonable offer to make on this? I might be selling my Suburban tomorrow for $1500-1600. Do you think showing up with $1400 would get me the C20?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5356091134.html

Future plans would probably include lowering and maybe an LS swap. If I do an LS swap, what do I do about the manual transmission - is that tranny any good? I was thinking of a 4.8/5.3+4L60E or LQ4/6.0 + 4L80E. Also, regarding lowering, am I going to run into problems with it being a C20 and not a C10? My thought on that was that the C20 has the stronger frame to handle an LS motor because I have heard that hte 1973 frames were weak. The reason I like that specific truck is it is pre-smog. Thanks.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
No problem lowering a C20. Western Chassis has all the part you'd need for that :waytogo: mine will be going down in just a couple of weeks :)

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
No problem lowering a C20. Western Chassis has all the part you'd need for that :waytogo: mine will be going down in just a couple of weeks :)

Well let's hope that I sell my Suburban tomorrow, that the C20 is still available, and my friend can come with my to go get it (it's quite a distance from where I live, and I don't know how to drive a stick)... and that they are willing to make a deal with me.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size

Do you happen to know which transmission that C20 would have and whether than can hold up to an LS? I wanted to go LQ4/4L80E but I could be cheap and keep the manual trans that's in it and just put in a 4.8.

Also, is a manual to automatic swap difficult?
Thanks...

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Do you happen to know which transmission that C20 would have and whether than can hold up to an LS? I wanted to go LQ4/4L80E but I could be cheap and keep the manual trans that's in it and just put in a 4.8.

Also, is a manual to automatic swap difficult?
Thanks...

It'll be an SM465 and it'll have no problem handling the 5.3 or 4.8. You may want to have it gone through, though, only due to age unless it's recently been serviced.

If you were to swap to auto, it's not that difficult but I personally think it'd be cool to keep it manual! But then again I prefer a manual trans even if I don't have one right now :(

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
It'll be an SM465 and it'll have no problem handling the 5.3 or 4.8. You may want to have it gone through, though, only due to age unless it's recently been serviced.

If you were to swap to auto, it's not that difficult but I personally think it'd be cool to keep it manual! But then again I prefer a manual trans even if I don't have one right now :(

I don't know how to drive stick but my friend who would be driving the truck home could show me. If I screw it up, well, I guess I gotta rebuild that anyway. It's good to hear it can handle an LS, though, since that is quite a step up from a tired carbureted 350. I'll probably stick with the stock engine for a while and get the truck where I want it in terms of handling and how it drives, and then save up for the LS swap.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Good luck breaking a SM465, they're extremely tough. Its really a L-1-2-3 trans. You don't use L under normal driving, but I see it as a good aid when learning to learn to feel where the clutch starts to grab without stalling.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I don't know how to drive stick but my friend who would be driving the truck home could show me. If I screw it up, well, I guess I gotta rebuild that anyway. It's good to hear it can handle an LS, though, since that is quite a step up from a tired carbureted 350. I'll probably stick with the stock engine for a while and get the truck where I want it in terms of handling and how it drives, and then save up for the LS swap.

Seems like a very logical way to go here :waytogo: LS swap definitely doesn't need to be immediate. 350s are still plentiful and easy to get parts for.

Good luck breaking a SM465, they're extremely tough. Its really a L-1-2-3 trans. You don't use L under normal driving, but I see it as a good aid when learning to learn to feel where the clutch starts to grab without stalling.

:word: in the end, a manual trans isn't hard to learn. Just gotta get in and do it. Once you learn you'll never forget :)

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size

What is the L for? Towing up hill or something?

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
It's granny gear, used for starting off while loaded. It's a really low gear.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
It's granny gear, used for starting off while loaded. It's a really low gear.

well, the guy who was supposed to buy my 95 suburban, didn't. if i come across money some other way or somebody else buys it i'll look at that c20.

11:30 am: "hi i just got here i am outside"
(by the time i walk to the parking lot)
11:31 am: "hi i saw your suv it is good but only problem it's bigger than i thought. i am living in san francisco and it's not easy to find parking space, so i can't take it. thanks anyway"

ok, so you don't bother looking at the pictures or typing "chevy suburban length" into google before you drive here from an hour away? people are weird...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85