Burb spare tire well drain plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
What do you recommend as a replacement for the body drain plug that is at the bottom of the spare tire well? Mine is rusted out and fell apart. The hole looks to be 1.5" diameter, but I can't find any plugs in that size. Plenty of 1" plugs, of which I will be getting two for the front and two for the rear floorboards, but just none of the 1.5"... The largest I can find is 1.25"

You must be registered for see images attach

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Just put a rubber compression plug in it. Available in 1.5" size and about 4 bucks at any hardware store.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...d=ssl#q=1.5"+rubber+compression+plug&tbm=shop

If you get a lot of water back there on a regular basis (launching a boat?) you could just epoxy a small plastic funnel to the underside and attach a short length of vacuum hose to it. Constant drain out but road spray can't get in.

Last edited:

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing, but I was wondering if there existed an auto body sheet metal plug. I'll try to find one that's flat...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taco main chew