Bumper moves?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jo89k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Ok, so my front bumper is being a little strange today, I jacked up the front drivers side to pull the tire off today and when I lowered the axle a little to rest on the jack stand I noticed that the drivers side of the front bumper moved! I thought that was really strange and jacked it back up a bit, put the tire back on removed the jack stand and let her down and sure as s***t the bumper returned to it's normal spot.

Also, I was wheeling a little the other day and got stuck, my buddy hooked his winch up to my front passenger side tow hook, I noticed when he started pulling that the passenger side of the bumper moved out, and the drivers side moved in, to the point where it scraped the paint and cracked the lens on the side marker.. Had him attach the winch to the drivers side tow hook and it straightened itself out...

Any idea of what's going on here? Just as I seem to finish up with one part of the truck another 5 problems manage to pop up

Thanks in advance

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Your radiator support bushings are shot, maybe your body bushings too. Also check your engine crossmember/frame area for loose or broken frame rivets.

It should be noted, some amount of frame flex is normal. That's just how these trucks were designed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fnny6770