Broken Part on Carburetor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
http://imgur.com/a/ETjAT

Hi, please refer to image 4 +5 in this album. I was taking pictures of everything to hunt down a fuel leak and found this broken off. It's at the back, that's why I never noticed it before. Please advise if this is important, what it goes to, and how to fix it.

PS: (found the fuel leak, it was dripping from where the fuel filter goes into the carburetor and evaporating on the intake manifold which caused the fuel smell all the time; tightening it ever so slightly fixed the problem and now i just smell the atf burning off of the exhaust manifold but no more gasoline lol!)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not sure what it is for or where it goes but just get a new chunk of fuel hose and attach from carb to hard line with a couple hose clamps.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
Where does that hard line go? Take a pic of the other end

Quadrajet Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
There is rubber hose connecting the carp port to the hard line. You just need to replace the hose connecting the two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eri24