'85 K20 350ci died out on the road not getting fuel to carb, replaced fuel pump and now not getting fuel to pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klarster

Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Best way to clean off the sock then would be an air enema into the main line to blast that crap off of there? Or would it be best to drop the tank, remove sender and clean manually?

klarster

Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
In that case I sure am glad I got the Delphi, no idea what was in there before...

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Best way to clean off the sock then would be an air enema into the main line to blast that crap off of there? Or would it be best to drop the tank, remove sender and clean manually?
Blasting it with air will likely just blow the sock completely off, which will let it work initially but will also allow the pump to suck up a bunch of junk. If it is bad enough in the tank to plug up the sock, it is worth dropping the tank and replacing the sock while cleaning out the tank as well. Replace all the rubber fuel line above the tank while you are at it. It could also be a bad rubber hose or a bad switching valve that is not allowing fuel to get pulled through the sender.

klarster

Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'll be dropping the tank Saturday most likely, looks like that'll be the warmest day this week. Will be updating on what I find!

klarster

Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Update/Conclusion! Dropped the tank Saturday and found ALL THE CRUD. Looks like when previous owner replaced the sending unit he had tunnel vision and just wanted to get to the task at hand. Sediment galore. Ended up doing a complete empty and clean job, and replaced all the fuel lines while I was at it. Sucker's back on the road again with that intoxicating true-dual 350 cackle! Many, many thanks to those who helped lend their knowledge, experience and suggestions to get me back rolling again!

klarster

Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
An excellent point. Good thing I know where to come next time I get in a tough spot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia