Bright headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If i could add a side note, while not taking away from the tremendous benefit of upgrading headlights:

If you clean the INSIDE of the windshield, (as well as the outside) you might be surprised at how much better you can see at night.
Subtle sarcasm gotta love it...:waytogo:

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
i installed new sylvania xtravision bulbs in my truck and after a little redneck alignment it lights up the road much better than the worn out originals in the truck.

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic; It's true--in my own case i can see so much better without even touching the lights. Although i do plan on switching to LED's asap.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Wasn't trying to be sarcastic; It's true--in my own case i can see so much better without even touching the lights. Although i do plan on switching to LED's asap.
I enjoy sarcasm some others not so much....my comment accually wasn't to cut on you. I just took it as funny because you made a valid point.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No, I don't think it's subtle sarcasm at all. You really don't realize how dirty your windshield is at times. You get so used to it getting dirty ever so gradually you don't notice it. Especially if you're a smoker with the windows up. Believe it or not, cleaning your windshield also helps with the sun glare in the mornings and late evenings.

1980Spartan

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
No, I don't think it's subtle sarcasm at all. You really don't realize how dirty your windshield is at times. You get so used to it getting dirty ever so gradually you don't notice it. Especially if you're a smoker with the windows up. Believe it or not, cleaning your windshield also helps with the sun glare in the mornings and late evenings.

Frogs in hot water..... the whole bit. I totally agree. In particular the inside. A clean truck makes a big difference!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes it does. Cleaning the windshield even helps with oncoming headlight glare. If your windshield is dirty, the glare just seems to spread across the whole windshield so even if you look toward the right you're still semi blinded. I've been in driving jobs for 30 years, and I'm not talking over the road interstate driving, mostly in city all over OKC Metro on surface streets and all hours of the days and nights working 24hr jobs. I know for a fact a clean windshield makes a big difference.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Another benefit of doing a headlight harness is not melting your headlight switch all the time and then having light issues. Having battery power straight to the relays and then using the headlight switch as exactly that, a switch, to turn on the relays, you eliminate running power through the switch and melting it.

X2 on windshield cleaning, makes a world of difference.

I also noticed light output improvement from just the harness.

I love the look of the quad headlights with the marker lights in the grille, my favorite style other than 73-80 front clips.
And with the quad healights I plan on running some led high beams and some newer style low beams, goin for a 5000k color, basically white light

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly