Brake Pull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimjim

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
I got an 87 Chevy v30 and it pulls to the right something horrible when the brakes are applied. I have done almost everything I can think of to fix it. I changed both front calibers, switched the pads to the other side, had the rotors turned and switched the brake hoses side to side and it still pulls. I know its not the alignment because it drives straight as an arrow. The brake lines look fine to only thing i could think of is proportioning valve. is this the only thing left or am i missing something?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I got an 87 Chevy v30 and it pulls to the right something horrible when the brakes are applied. I have done almost everything I can think of to fix it. I changed both front calibers, switched the pads to the other side, had the rotors turned and switched the brake hoses side to side and it still pulls. I know its not the alignment because it drives straight as an arrow. The brake lines look fine to only thing i could think of is proportioning valve. is this the only thing left or am i missing something?

Something worth checking that you didn't mention is the adjustment of the shoes if you have drums in the back. It could be a variable compression between the two front calipers due to different amounts of fluid getting there. Have you bled the brakes recently? Make sure you check for even tire pressures and take a moment to jack up the front end and make sure you have no play in the suspension. Just grab the tire at three and nine o'clock positions and shake and do the same for twelve and six. Don't crush your hands, though. If there is noticeable play, get someone to shake the tires and watch to see if you can see the play under the front end.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64