brake light trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82k20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jerry barnard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350 modified
okay my 82 k20 has a problem that has me lost someone down the line tried to install a brake booster box only to leave the wiring hashed im not using the booster so im trying to figure out the wiring there are 2 green wires and a black wire the black has power to it ive tried tying the 2 greens together i get no lights if i wire a green to the black they stay on all the time (both greens do this ) im not good with electrical at all so any help is needed i also cant seem to find a wiring diagram either

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Forget about the green and black wires - they were added for the electric brake controller. You would be wise to trace the black wire (the one that is hot) back to were it is getting power and disco it.

The stock wires to the brake switch are orange and white. The orange comes from the fuse block and the white wire leads out of the steering column.

Locate the brake light switch (you probably already know where it is). There should be an orange and white wire somewhere in the vicinity. They will most likely be spliced and branched off. When you find them, remove any add-on wires that went to the old brake controlller.

The rest should be easy. Re-connect the orange and white wires to the switch - if they are not already connected.

A visual to help explain:

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Copy of BHPIM1689 (15).jpg
    Copy of BHPIM1689 (15).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 102

John-e Bravada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 3+3
Engine Size
5.9L CTD
My brake lights arne't working and I was wondering if they were fed off of a pressure switch or off one of the 2 micro switches on the pedal arm. I'll check the pedal arm for the orange and white wired one.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26