Borgeson 12.7:1 Ratio. Just wow!!! 1 1/2 turns lock to lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
I could not be happier with this setup. With the Borgeson shaft it feels like totally solid. Lock to lock its 1 1/2 turns. the frame got welded up
so the plate was not needed. Would not work anyways. Details inside. This was well worth the money. If you have a performance truck, you need this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice! I used the CPP box and Borgeson shaft on my sons. I think its 14/1, so not as quick as the Borgeson but it was $200 less.

I'd also suggest you add the Ridetech braces to triangulate and strengthen the frame. You can also add the ORD/ Autofab box brace as well. The RT goes to the front bolts and the ORD style goes to the rear.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Nice! I should've done that box from the get go, I shipped mine to TX to be rebuilt and only saved $100.

1STLS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MIchael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nice! I used the CPP box and Borgeson shaft on my sons. I think its 14/1, so not as quick as the Borgeson but it was $200 less.

I'd also suggest you add the Ridetech braces to triangulate and strengthen the frame. You can also add the ORD/ Autofab box brace as well. The RT goes to the front bolts and the ORD style goes to the rear.
This is a good point and after seeing your truck I went and bought the ride tech ones for mine. The truth is, we all like the big fat tires up front but the amount of stress put on the front rails when turning is far beyond what any engineer planned for. 4x4's are even worse

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Dang, that's a loaded up stepper GMC, cool. I am building the same truck except in red and was going to add that box to the build
Thanks man, you can see the build on my channel or find all my post here on the forum. The steering box
made a world of difference. If you have any questions just ask! Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod