Body Panel Parts for Suburbans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VMF531

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Suburban V2500
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
I have the part 50076L it is available from various vendors. All of the body parts I have used are made in Taiwan. Shop around for the best price. I found that prices can vary significantly. One vendor for body and other parts is LMC. They have a catalog specifically for the squarebody. Their website is LMCtruck.com.

I bought trailer fenders to use in replacing the inside wheel tub. I will have to cut and fit the fender to replace the tub. These are two companies that sell the fenders I bought.

I have attached photos of the fenders and outer wheel house.

You can see the rot on my suburban's left rear panel. Some say why fix it it is beyond it's life. My response I need the suburban. I don't expect to get it perfect just extending it's life.

Attachments

• IMG_5494.JPG
    IMG_5494.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5495.JPG
    IMG_5495.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5497.JPG
    IMG_5497.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5498.JPG
    IMG_5498.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5496.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 67

88Burban350

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 - Suburban
Engine Size
Yeah I would rather not give up on the whole rig. The rest of it is very solid and no rust. Just these common spots.

So that part 50076L, how does it fit within the rear fender area. I haven't quite figured out where it would go...and was starting to wonder if using the truck wheel house eliminated the need for that piece.

VMF531

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Suburban V2500
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
From my understanding the wheelhouse/tub for a pickup is larger than a suburban tub. In an earlier posting there are photos of a pickup tub installed in a suburban. The 50076L fits between the tub and panel. I have attached a photo of a suburban showing the wheelhousing and the outer wheelhousing.

Attachments

• IMG_4765.JPG
    IMG_4765.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 68

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Are the wheel opening moldings the same on trucks and subs? If they are would assume the patch panel could be made to fit.

VMF531

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Suburban V2500
Engine Size
6.2L diesel

Fat 454

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Guys - not sure if you are still looking, but the great thing about squarebodies is that ALL the sheetmetal is interchangeable pretty much from 1973 up through the 80's. I can say this with some confidence as I have a barn full of subs, pickups, blazers and crewcabs. I build my junk from whatever is at hand. Obviously the big change was around the early 80's when the later front sheet metal came in, but even then other years either do, or can be made to fit. Compared to most other hobbyists, we have it made. Even the dooly fenders are just standard long bed sides hacked out for the 'glass fender extensions. The biggest changes are in the frames, there are soooo many different profiles. What you need is to go on EvilBay and get a GM squarebody chassis and body parts book. A number of vendors sell CD / digital copies for a few bucks. They show all the exploded drawings for all the different models, and you can see the similarities, as well as all the assembly details such as the fender inner support panels that you were asking about. BTW, if you think finding parts is hard on the East coast, you should try doing it in Australia!!.. Ha Ha. Hopes this helps - good luck. loads of good info and helpful folks on here - post some build pics ...PS. used original parts ( even from a different type of truck ) RULE over new aftermarket every time !!..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84